(CoC) The Snake Pit

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Pat was going to go up to the old asylum. Going to being the correct phrase. His car decided it didn't care for the grade of the hill and sputtered to a halt, smoking and grinding, before it was halfway up. Waving away the fumes, Pat opened up the hood to see if he could tell what was wrong. It didn't look too bad, probably if he just let it cool off it would be all right. Grumbling, he was going to sit down to wait for a while. Then he heard a high, feminine scream coming from further up the road.

~~~

The dog snarls and tries to bite Arthur, a savage and primal growl issuing from his throat. The detective manages to roll out of the way at the last moment so the dog's jaws only clamp on the cuff of his trousers, rather than his leg. Adon tries to scare the beast off, but the dog refuses to be intimidated. He's obviously fixated on his chosen prey. Daisy charges in with remarkable courage, and tries to kick at the dog, but it wriggles out of the way. Arthur rolls quickly as he can to get out of the range of those jaws, while Agatha screams in dismay. All of them notice that the dog's eyes seem to gleam red in the morning sunlight, and foam begins to dribble from his mouth.

G

Guest 11456

Daisy Gene Velmont : Female Cat Burglar

Daisy maneuvers herself behind the canine if she can and tries kicking it once more, this time in its hindquarters.

Hrothgar

First Post
Watching the athletic Daisy makes Adon's back ache. "Daisy, be careful! The dog is rabid!"

Adon stops his feeble attempts to scare the dog and scrounges in the wet snow for a heavy, fallen branch to try to keep the dog at bay from Arthur.

Ashy

First Post
Agatha reaches inward, calling out silently to the Goddess. Her eyes roll back in her head and she, too, begins frothing a bit at the mouth as she squats in the snow.

OOC: Cast Dominate Animal

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Agatha seems to be communing with the dog, but his mind is shut to her, a chaotic malestrom that refuses her will. Daisy lashes out again at the dog, but her kick goes wide as the dog writhes out of the way. Adon manages to find a branch and gives the beast a good whack upside the head. Its jaws loosen from Arthur's cuff, and he backs out of the way quickly. The dog dances backward, shaking its ringing head.

~~~

From deeper in the woods, D.L. Williams hears shouts and growls of surprise, alarm, and fear. It's coming from up near the old asylum gate!

jdeleski

First Post
DL's Introduction

Hearing the commotion ahead, and guessing that the growling was not coming from any of the group (well, he wondered about Agatha sometimes...), D.L. moved as quickly as he could through the woods towards them. They looked like they could handle themselves, but it was hard to judge after only seeing them for the first time earlier in the day.

"What is it about old ruins and asylums that lure in the curious?",he thought to himself. On a dare one night, months ago, D.L. visited the old asylum with his buddies--this was after their card game and after they had begun feeling courageous from their beer, of course. They were looking for a thrill, and ended up sprinting away after getting spooked, laughing all the way back to the road.

As he neared the group of people, D.L. slowed and decided to make them aware of his presence so that he wouldn’t be mistaken for another threat of some kind. He stepped from the trees about 20 feet away from them, aware that he was still in his orderly uniform, and yelled “Hello! You look like you could use some help!”

OOC: Isada, I’ll wait for your cue as to when I would reach the group. Since I work at the facility, I assume that I know the grounds fairly well. And my intent in trailing the group of people is not to spy on them, but to speak with them once we get far enough away from the main facility so that none of my colleagues and managers would observe, so I should be fairly near the team (and perhaps spotted by them) when this occurs.

Hrothgar

First Post
"Oh!" Adon exclaims as the dog retreats. Heartened by his initial success, Adon exclaims in bravado, "Don't try nipping our heels ol' boy! I'll give you another lump alongside your thick skull! Ooooh!" Adon moves awkwardly through the snow, athletic activity obviously not his strongest asset.

Hearing a shout from the woods, Adon looks to find the source. "Yes, man! Call off this dog!"

jdeleski

First Post
DL sizes up the situation for a moment and decides to try to draw the dog’s attention away from the group while cautiously moving within striking distance.

He crouches into his familiar "ready" stance that he normally assumes when playing third base, arms extended to each side, sporadically clapping his hands using the same motion for patting his mitt on the baseball diamond. "I wish that I had my bat!”, he mutters to himself.

OOC – he’ll pick up any nearby tree limb of reasonable size and heft in his path.

He then yells loudly to the group, telling them his plan: “I’M GOING TO SLOWLY CIRCLE AND FLANK IT! HOPEFULLY MY ACTIONS WILL DISTRACT IT FOR YOU. OR HECK, MAYBE IT'LL CHOOSE TO COME AFTER ME, BUT I'M USED TO DEALING WITH INMATES OF SIMILAR DISPOSITION!

Having emerged from the woods approximately 20 feet away from the group, he slowly and carefully begins to circle around towards to the group’s left, clapping his hands and confidently moving in the 3rd baseman’s ready stance.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
DL charges forward, snatching up a heavy limb on his way. With a mighty thwack, the limb connects, sending the dog goes flying several feet. It picks itself up once, then drops, bleeding from the ears. Its eyes glow red briefly, sending a shiver down everyone's spine, right before its sides stop heaving and life departs from it.

jdeleski

First Post
DL cautiously approaches the dog, never taking his eyes from from the form, and prods it with the end of his stick. "That's weird," he thought to himself, "I could swear I saw those eyes glowing red, even though it's daytime."

Once assured that the dog wouldn't be rising again to trouble the group any further, he looked up, scanned the team of people, and said with a smirk, "I guess that dog won't hunt any more!"

More seriously, and attempting to use the authority of his orderly uniform to extract some information, he asks them, "Say, you folks do know that you're on private property back here, right?"
(Diplomacy +0; Sense Motive +3)

Last edited:

Remove ads