• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CoC) The Snake Pit

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Adon Ashe

"Hello, Agatha," Adon stands slowly and nods politely. "I've met everyone else here. I am Adon Ashe. I was a colleague of Eugene's for many years at Miskatonic U. It's nice to meet you." Adon's smile is small and soft. "I look forward to working with you all," Adon says as he looks around at the group.

Adon sits again, adjusts his wire-frame, round-lensed glasses and runs his hand through his neatly trimmed, short beard. "Is there anything else you wish to mention Eugene before we leave? Any piece of information you wish to impart?" Adon does not wait for an answer, but seems to be thinking out loud as he stares absentmindedly at the floor. "Hmmm. I'd like to find out more about this Dr. Willson. I suppose I could search the town hall's records to find Dr. Willson's place of interrment and death certificate. Yes...yes, a check of the Star and Gazzetter seem warranted. Maybe I could find out any information about Dr. Willson, the blaze, or the old asylum. Police reports concerning the blaze also require some investigation...yes, yes. I wonder if any of the old patient records from the old asylum are still intact? Hmmm...but where to look for these?"

Ashy

First Post
Agatha smiles slightly, but then her face falls into a look of concentration, as if she is listening to something no one else can hear...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I've been thinking about that very thing. There may be some records here of the old patients, but... if I was right, or even if Dr. Willson was just engaging in less than ethical practices, he may have had records hidden at the old asylum. I'm not sure where they would have been in the building however," Dr. Whitherspoon says.

Hrothgar

First Post
"Yes, Eugene. I'll start right here, thank you. Is there anyone here that you could recommend that would be sympathetic to your cause and allow me to review any old patient files from the asylum, if available?" Adon smiles briefly. "This seems like the most logical place to start."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Eugene coughs and flushes suddenly with embarassment. He lowers his voice so that you have to lean forward to hear him properly.*

"Ah... the old records are locked up in the storage room for the most part, and the director doesn't like people looking at them. However... Agatha here has been in and out of nearly every room in this asylum, if you get my meaning," he whispers. "Perhaps if we took you on a 'tour' you could have the time to... inspect some of the necessary files? Most of the individuals are dead or so long gone into their own madness that there's nothing we could do to harm them, even with the files."

Ashy

First Post
Agatha giggles a bit and nods, "The Doctor is not only in, but apparently he's right as well!" She smiles at the group...

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Adon Ashe

"Er...yes, Agatha." Adon looks slightly confused and embarrased. Adon smiles awkwardly at Agatha. Adjusting his glasses, Adon leans forward and talks in a softer tone. "Ummm...yes, Eugene, Agatha. I would like to take a look." Adon looks about the room before looking at the group again. "I am not sure what I am looking for, but something might catch my eye. I just hope we avoid detection." Adon swallows nervously. High excitement by outwitting authorities, even if they are only orderlies, is obviously not his idea of fun.

Ashy

First Post
Agatha places her lilly white hand on Adon's arm - he notices that it is suprisingly warm, almost as if the woman was running a fever - and smiles. "Dear, dear Ashe", she says, batting her eyelashes and slipping back into the silky southern drawl, "we'll not get caught, y'see...I've a way of distractin' folks quite well. Not to mention other more pragmatic abilities..." She smiles a snake's smile and removes her hand from the man's arm...

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Adon Ashe

Adon swallows hard as he looks at the red-haired woman next to him. "Ah...yes, Agatha. I, um...I see what you mean." Adon looks down at the floor and clears his throat.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I apologize, all of you. I did not want to ask you to... do something against you best judgement. But I don't see another way to do this. Ah... Come, I will take you on a tour of the grounds..." Dr. Whitherspoon says, rising with a creaking of his old bones.

Last edited:

Remove ads