• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cold remedies?

Lefferts

First Post
EricNoah said:
I've got a cold right now. I get the same darned cold every time -- it's so predictable it's sickening. (Pun intended?) Though I long thought was a sinus infection, my doctor has repeatedly told me it's a virus and can't be treated with antibiotics.

Starts with a sore throat -- a painkiller like ibuprofen or aspirin helps with that. The next step is getting very congested -- not snotty, just swollen nasal passages. This time around I'm using a nasal spray

http://health.yahoo.com/drug/d04186a1;_ylt=AiPVgXJ.h8ka1fEvWmw5uAjxurcF

and it's keeping me very open, which is helping with my throat and I hope it will help avoid the next step, where i usually am forced to breathe through my mouth for many hours and then the cold moves to my lungs. Maybe if I can keep breathing through my nose the lung thing will never happen. If it does I'll need to take something to losen chest congestion at that point.

With me, it seems like it's the opposite, I get all snotty and it seems to then progress to a sinus infection. I am actually able to breathe pretty well, but end up coughing up nasty green things. My wife has it worse this time, so we are going to the doctor tonight.

werk

First Post
I'm not much for supplements, nor do I believe in mega doses of vitamins especially water-soluable vitamin c, but I tried a supplement called Emergen-C and it worked surprisingly well.

It's a fizzing powder you add to water, comes in different flavors and specialties, orange flavor tastes like Tang. Like I said, I didn't think it would work, so no placebo affect, and it worked like a charm. I took two at night, and two in the morning and felt almost well.

www.alacer.com is the manufacturer, I think.

Remove ads