• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collaborative Cave #2 - Updated map (see 1st post) - Now doing room assignment

Slife

First Post
der_kluge said:
What do you guys think? Interesting and challenging room, or TPK?
Perhaps having the remains of a catwalk going around the room would be a good idea. Require a balance check to stay on, but gives a safe place for the people who put it in to have stood. After all, they had to put the sphere there in the first place.

Elephant

First Post
Slife said:
Perhaps having the remains of a catwalk going around the room would be a good idea. Require a balance check to stay on, but gives a safe place for the people who put it in to have stood. After all, they had to put the sphere there in the first place.

If you can control a Sphere of Annihilation reliably, I seriously doubt that you need a catwalk to navigate this cavern - Overland Flight, Fly, Spider Climb, and even Levitate would all negate the need for a catwalk.

That said, it would be nice for the hapless PCs to have a catwalk available :)

der_kluge

Adventurer
Elephant said:
If you can control a Sphere of Annihilation reliably, I seriously doubt that you need a catwalk to navigate this cavern - Overland Flight, Fly, Spider Climb, and even Levitate would all negate the need for a catwalk.

That said, it would be nice for the hapless PCs to have a catwalk available :)

How about some sort of support beams sticking out of the wall that one could throw a rope around? Like maybe, someone tried to build something here, but ultimately never finished it.

Roger

First Post
Looks good to me, kluge!

Among the treasure, I think this would be amusing:

- A small talisman consisting of an adamantine loop and handle. It has a permanent Magic Aura effect on it, but is otherwise entirely mundane.

Some poor sucker wandered in here with what he thought was a Talisman of the Sphere... no wonder he ended up as fish food.

Cheers,
Roger

der_kluge

Adventurer
Roger said:
Looks good to me, kluge!

Among the treasure, I think this would be amusing:

- A small talisman consisting of an adamantine loop and handle. It has a permanent Magic Aura effect on it, but is otherwise entirely mundane.

Some poor sucker wandered in here with what he thought was a Talisman of the Sphere... no wonder he ended up as fish food.

Cheers,
Roger

Ha! Such a thing would have gotten annihilated.

Did you notice I listed an *odd* number of boots! :lol:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Seeing that, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just have a slightly jazzed up skirmish-style ambush with a single Skum in the group assigned as a runner...errrrr...swimmer to warn The Great Master.

A little bait for distraction, and Skum with (primitive?) reach weapons initially attacking from beneath the darkened waters over which the party is travelling?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I've been thinking

In my room 3 encounter (the Riptide horror) I might introduce an NPC at the top of the cave (by the pool) who has taken up residence and might be able to provide information to the PCs (if they don't kill him first). He will have spiderclimb and so can negotiate the caves without too much difficulty albeit that he sticks to rooms 1 - 4. Why he stays I've yet to decide

Remove ads