• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collected Core Handbook Errata

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
I cracked open the DM screen today, I saw (in the middle column of the third panel):

which should be:
Two lines below that we find "Help a dying character recover". That application of the Heal skill is not listed in PH.

Also, on the second panel, the action "Ready or stow a shield" is listed as a minor action, but it's a standard action in the rule book (table on page 289).

At last, in the fourth panel (under "Healing a dying character" / "Regain Hit Points") we read "If a healing effect requires you to spend a healing surge, but you have none left, your condition doesn't change", but the rule book (PH page 295) says you are restored to 1 hit point in that case.

pukunui

Legend
Two lines below that we find "Help a dying character recover". That application of the Heal skill is not listed in PH.

Also, on the second panel, the action "Ready or stow a shield" is listed as a minor action, but it's a standard action in the rule book (table on page 289).

At last, in the fourth panel (under "Healing a dying character" / "Regain Hit Points") we read "If a healing effect requires you to spend a healing surge, but you have none left, your condition doesn't change", but the rule book (PH page 295) says you are restored to 1 hit point in that case.
Aargh. And it's too late for me to cancel my order because it shipped on Saturday. What's the use of a DM screen if it's riddled with errors? I was hoping that the errata'd table would be the only thing I'd have to change. Sigh ...

silentounce

First Post
Call and complain, there's a chance that they'd give you a refund I would hope. Or at least let you return it. You'd probably have to pay to ship it back though. I've never dealt with WotC CS so I don't know. Shipping a defective product is pretty bad form though.

pukunui

Legend
Call and complain, there's a chance that they'd give you a refund I would hope. Or at least let you return it. You'd probably have to pay to ship it back though. I've never dealt with WotC CS so I don't know. Shipping a defective product is pretty bad form though.
I have been thinking about complaining. Chances are I'll keep it though. I don't really have time/money to make my own - and the overall utility of it may outweigh the errors (assuming there aren't any/too many more).

MM p139:
"Hobgoblin archers take up positions behind cover (if available)
and form a tight line to gain the benefits of coordinated
fire
."

The hob archer's listed powers are longsword, longbow, and hobgoblin resilience.

I'm guessing it is supposed to be the ability that is tacked on to its longbow attack: "grants an ally within 5 squares of it a +2 bonus to its next ranged attack roll against the same target"

The phrase "coordinated fire" is in italics which means the authors are refering to a power, not the general military tactic.

Last edited:

WotC_GregB

First Post
Hey folks,

I just wanted to take a moment to encourage anyone who has gathered potential update material to check out our new forum at the wizard's site for collecting errors. You can find it here:

4e Books Errata - Wizards Community

I will continue to monitor this thread (and ENworld as a while), but the main focus of my efforts will be devoted to collecting materials from the aforementioned thread. Thanks for all your hard work.

-Greg Bilsland

Remove ads