• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collected Core Handbook Errata

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
This isn't an error, just something that needs clarifying. Also, I've been out of the loop, so forgive me if this has been done to death already.

Invisibility and greater invisibility last until the end of your next turn or until the target attacks. They also have "Sustain:" entries (standard and minor, respectively). Does sustaining the power prevent a target from becoming visible when it attacks?

Beastman

First Post
p.62 Healing Word - question:

Original target: you or one ally

Corrected: you or one ally in burst

So my question: What's the point of the burst if only 1 target is affected? If the power is a burst, all allies (and you) within the burst should be healed, otherwise it would be a ranged X power? Please clarify / correct / enlighten me. Thanx.

JGulick

First Post
Beastman said:
So my question: What's the point of the burst if only 1 target is affected? If the power is a burst, all allies (and you) within the burst should be healed, otherwise it would be a ranged X power? Please clarify / correct / enlighten me. Thanx.
Ranged would trigger OA, Close Burst does not.

[Edited to clarify Close Burst specifically, as that seems to matter.]

Last edited:

StormCrow42

Explorer
Beastman said:

Burst effects don't provoke OAs, ranged ones do.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
StormCrow42 said:
Burst effects don't provoke OAs, ranged ones do.
You are both right and wrong. Close attacks don't provoke OAs, Ranged ones do.

The shape of an AoE attack has nothing to do with it.

Lakkett

First Post
Possible typo: The level 2 utility prayer Sacred Circle has Implement in the description. The power has no attack rolls or damage rolls, which holy symbols augment, so an implement for this power shouldn't do anything, right? Or by some chance would an implement actually augment the AC bonus?

Underage AOLer

First Post
knizia.fan said:
MM p. 3
Efreet is not listed in the table of contents. (It's the only one missing as far as I can tell.)
Added.

Dr. Awkward said:
This isn't an error, just something that needs clarifying. Also, I've been out of the loop, so forgive me if this has been done to death already.

Invisibility and greater invisibility last until the end of your next turn or until the target attacks. They also have "Sustain:" entries (standard and minor, respectively). Does sustaining the power prevent a target from becoming visible when it attacks?
I think Greater Invisibility's wording ("the power ends") makes it pretty clear that the power cannot be sustained after an attack, so I modified Invisibility's wording to match.

Lakkett said:
Possible typo: The level 2 utility prayer Sacred Circle has Implement in the description. The power has no attack rolls or damage rolls, which holy symbols augment, so an implement for this power shouldn't do anything, right? Or by some chance would an implement actually augment the AC bonus?
Added.

Henrix

Explorer
Lakkett said:
Possible typo: The level 2 utility prayer Sacred Circle has Implement in the description. The power has no attack rolls or damage rolls, which holy symbols augment, so an implement for this power shouldn't do anything, right?
A magic implement could have a power that would be usable - I don't think this is necessarily an issue for the errata, even though the implement often would be useless.

sirshandlar2

First Post
Underage AOLer said:
✦ p.91: under Lay on Hands, on the Target line, replace "One creature" with "One ally" [Iku Rex, Nikosandros] <edited 16 June>

Um, when and where was this specified? It looks like the WotC FAQ is still saying this:

----

9. Can a Paladin gain healing from his own lay on hands ability?

Yes he can.

----

~SirShandlar

James McMurray

First Post
sirshandlar2 said:
Um, when and where was this specified? It looks like the WotC FAQ is still saying this:

----

9. Can a Paladin gain healing from his own lay on hands ability?

Yes he can.

----

~SirShandlar

Where's that FAQ at? The FAQ link on WotC's D&D page under Products only shows 3.5 FAQs.

Remove ads