• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collected Core Handbook Errata

Underage AOLer

First Post
Henrix said:
A magic implement could have a power that would be usable - I don't think this is necessarily an issue for the errata, even though the implement often would be useless.

Good point, but I checked out all the other Utility powers and not one that I could see had the Implement Keyword, so it leads me to believe it is an error. I made it blue anyway, until we get word from WotC.

sirshandlar2 said:
Um, when and where was this specified? It looks like the WotC FAQ is still saying this:

We've had a few different answers from customer service on that question, and coupled with the fact that the Healing Hands feat only gives it benefit to allies healed with Lay on Hands, there was some disagreement. Also, I didn't see that the FAQ had an answer for that particular issue... I guess I should read my own threads, huh?

redrover

First Post
Silvered Missiles

PHB p 220

Silvering arrows gives you a full quiver. Silvering stones gives you a full pouch. Silvering bolts gives you half a case.

Perhaps that "10" should be a "20"?

redrover

First Post
MM Glossary

cf: p282 "minion" -- This suggests the term "standard" should be defined in the glossary, maybe something like:

Standard: A standard monster counts as one monster of its level for encounter building and rewards.

redrover

First Post
DMG Action Example

p42, col 2, para 2, DC 20

Seems to be a math error here--the DC should be 19, not 20.

base 15 + 4 (for half level) = 19

If the printed text was intentional, it both rounds off against the players and displays sloppy math. Both of these are unfortunate precedents to establish for DMs.

silentounce

First Post
redrover said:
p42, col 2, para 2, DC 20

Seems to be a math error here--the DC should be 19, not 20.

base 15 + 4 (for half level) = 19

If the printed text was intentional, it both rounds off against the players and displays sloppy math. Both of these are unfortunate precedents to establish for DMs.

Read the note at the bottom of the table at the bottom of that page. They're not adding the half level modifier, they're adding the skill check modifier to the Easy DC from that table for a PC of 8th level.

No error.

Imban

First Post
Since it's a point of hilarity with my group, Eidolons, despite being statues, aren't immune to poison. We wrote in to CustServ and received the reply that this was an intentional omission (!) but with no explanation, and on a reply question of "...why?" we were told that it was being referred to the development staff, and have heard no official response.

Underage AOLer

First Post
Imban said:
Since it's a point of hilarity with my group, Eidolons, despite being statues, aren't immune to poison. We wrote in to CustServ and received the reply that this was an intentional omission (!) but with no explanation, and on a reply question of "...why?" we were told that it was being referred to the development staff, and have heard no official response.

I believe it is because they tried to do away with blanket immunities. Notice that undead are no longer immune to critical hits, and constructs are not immune to sleep.

Imban

First Post
Underage AOLer said:
I believe it is because they tried to do away with blanket immunities. Notice that undead are no longer immune to critical hits, and constructs are not immune to sleep.

Yeah, but every single other construct is immune to disease and poison, except for warforged, which are explicitly living constructs and have a weird and involved explanation of why they are not.

So as it stands, you can't poison arcane stone golems, but you can poison divine stone golems.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads