• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Combat cards for Shadowfell Keep bad guys

captainstewart

Explorer
A gift to the ENWorld community:

I would like to say in preface that I am extremely fond of using power cards for my gaming group. I have cards for all the PC's powers, and I use cards to keep track of the initiative order in combat. What I present below is the actual cards I use. I have produced a complete set of initiative cards for all the monsters and NPCs in the Keep on the Shadowfell adventure, with all of the stats necessary to run the combat. (Yes, that means that you can hide the book away if you want under the table or something so the PC's can't see what's coming up in the battle.)

I am also including in this post the re-release of my cards for the magic items from the same adventure. For some reason, ENWorld and my webhost were not getting along and kept corrupting the downloads. Hopefully that situation has been fixed, so that you can all enjoy the fruit of my labors.

I like to print these out on cardstock and then put them into colored-back card sleeves, available at your local gaming store. This seems to work rather well for me, as it gives enough firmness that you can manipulate them easily, and has the added bonus that you can write on them with either dry- or wet-erase markers (depending on how long you want the notes to last). Very helpful for conditions and such.

Enjoy.

FILES
--------------------
Shadowfell Keep Monsters v2
Shadowfell Keep Magic Items v.2.1

MSE Data for Monsters v1
MSE Data for Magic Items v2

MSE Template for Monsters

UPDATES
--------------------
14 Jul 08: Major update to monster cards. Corrected several errors, made alternate versions of a couple kobolds for the Irontooth encounter (most of these are minor differences as noted in the book), edited several cards to make the text less lengthy and/or improve asthetics, and calculated ability score rolls for all monsters. Also added in cards for the encounter in area #18 that I missed. This set should now have cards for every encounter.

12 Jul 08: Correction to minor spelling errors. Also uploaded the MSE datafiles for those of you that want to make your own custom modifications or print only parts of the set at a time.

7 Jul 08: I fixed the spelling on the bag of holding. I have also added a 2nd version of the magic item cards, complete with the baseline stats for the weapons and armor. I figure less thumbing through the book is a good thing.

Last edited:

Hawke

Explorer
Great job! I'm excited to use these, I was just searching the other day and couldn't find too much... and these are GREAT.

I certainly hope you do the same for H2 when it is out!

captainstewart

Explorer
Thank you all for your kind feedback.

I have fixed the spelling in the bag of holding. Also, I decided to add the baseline stats to the weapons and armor. I was thinking about it and decided that this would make it easier for my players, since we share 2 copies of the PHB between me (the DM) and 5 players, so that they wouldn't have to do as much looking things up in the book.

As for H2, I haven't decided if my campaign is going to use it yet or not. If we do, though, I will definately be making cards.

Ataraxzy

First Post
Magic items v2 returns a 404 error from your site. Just an FYI. Awesome stuff, thanks!

I just spent the evening creating Power Cards for all of my game's PCs. Put them in cute little Magic card holders, color coded Green, Red and Black.

Remove ads