• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coming Soon for 4E - Races of Fantasy: The Elohim

Jack99

Adventurer
Who said I was making it? Maybe I have a friend who wanted his own imprint and I just did the layout, releasing it for him at RPGNow and Paizo and I am getting a percentage from it. Do you see a LPJ Design logo on it? How about a Devil's Workshop logo on it?

It was an assumption based on your prior comments regarding WotC and the GSL. Not a terrible stretch to think that it was yourself that released the ad, instead of a alleged friend. Either way, I still find it funny (both odd and haha funny) that someone producing 4e stuff would make such an ad (even if it is for someone else) that slams the game that you make stuff for. To me, it would indicate that you do not take 4e seriously, and thus the things you do for the edition will be thereafter.

Hell, who does not like free money?

It's called principles. For some people, that actually means something. For example, if a publisher comes off as a complete ass, or cheats with his reviews, or employs small Chinese slave girls to do his art, I would not buy his stuff, no matter how good it is.

lmpjr007

Explorer
Are we looking at a $1.49 to $2.50 price point like the One Bad Egg Products and similar?
Yes I think it will be at most $2. In addition to the race, we plan to include initiative cards, initiative tracker sheet, power card sheets, magic item card sheets, charcter sheet, history sheet, Enemies & Allies sheet, Campaign Journal sheets and race tokes for miniature play. So you get a lot of stuff for your $2.

benensky

Explorer
After thinking about it, the use of Elohim may be a bad choice. Before I was reminded of the Jewish use of the word, I thought Elohim was a cool name. However, I do not think you really need the controversy and considering the meaning of the word Elohim it may be inappropriate use.

From what I remember from Bible study class in college when used in the scripture Elohim has the connotation of “All Powerful” or as in Wikipedia “"He is the Power over powers." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eloah#Elohim) In this case that connotation is wrong since your race of the Elohim are not all powerful and never were. From the information given they are lesser gods.

If I were you when the first complaints came up I would ignore them as the standard group of people who will find fault at any little thing and go on using the word Elohoim. Considering now that there is a couple complaints and now remembering the meaning of Elohim I would chalk this one up to experience and pick a different name. Also, this is the time to change the product before everything is finalized.

However, this is only my opinion and I do not mean to insult you in any way. I liked the name Elohim at first. Good luck in which ever decision you make because it looks like what ever you chose will be a pain. There will be more grief about using Elohim on the one had and on the other you will need to rework the product.

-benensky

Last edited:

lmpjr007

Explorer
After speaking with the writer, Lee Hammock, we both agreed and decided to change the name of this product From Race of Fantasy: The Elohim to Races of Fantasy: The Demigod. We are sorry if we did offended anyone with, which of couse was not our intention with this product.

benensky

Explorer
After speaking with the writer, Lee Hammock, we both agreed and decided to change the name of this product From Race of Fantasy: The Elohim to Races of Fantasy: The Demigod. We are sorry if we did offended anyone with, which of course was not our intention with this product.

Kudos. I will buy it.

-benensky

benensky

Explorer
Bought it - Great Production - Great value - Added link to get PDF on 4E 3rd PP Wiki page - Hope to see more products from LPJ Design!

-benensky

Remove ads