• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coming Soon for 4E - Races of Fantasy: The Elohim

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Just got this. I will read it and offer some comments on the text a bit later, but I wanted to offer other comments:
The background image is a bit too dark still (at least for me) and it clashes with the text.
The character sheet has the word Skills misspelled (Skils).
All the extra stuff at the end, why don't you just release it as a freebie? It doesn't really add much to this specific product, but can be of great help to 4e gamers in general.

Just some thoughts. Ok, now to read.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Quick question: Is the background image such that if the book were printed in black & white there would be unreadable text?
Don't know, I don't really print my PDFs. I know it makes it hard to read on screen. For printing, you probably could turn of backgrounds and not deal with that at all.

lmpjr007

Explorer
The character sheet has the word Skills misspelled (Skils).
Now fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

All the extra stuff at the end, why don't you just release it as a freebie? It doesn't really add much to this specific product, but can be of great help to 4e gamers in general.
We want customers to get more value from the $2 they spend when they purchasing a LPJ Design product. For some reason most copmanies when they release a new race or class product don't customers some thing as simple as the company's own character sheet or tokens for miniature play. To me, I think people who purchase LPJ Design products might add-ons like those with their purchase.

Plus we released Initiative Cards: 4E for the fans as a freebie an gamers seem to love it.

kroh

First Post
Holy Thread...!

Product looks great. Is this a race that we are also going to see in Exodus?

Regards,
Walt

Vanuslux

Explorer
I shouldn't be. The image is only 15% black, compared to the text that is 100% black.

Cool. I went ahead and picked it up and like it pretty well, though I was disappointed to find that there's only six pages about the race and 12 pages of extra knick-knacks, most of which aren't relevant to the product.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
I was disappointed to find that there's only six pages about the race and 12 pages of extra knick-knacks, most of which aren't relevant to the product.
(Emphasis mine.)

That is what I was talking about in my post above: it's not that the extra knick-knacks aren't cool (the power cards look pretty), they just aren't related to the product at all. And granted, I guess this is a bit like looking the gift horse in the mouth, since the actual content I get is worth the $2 to me, but I feel that, if it isn't relevant, then just put it out as its own thing.

Useful and relevant extras would have been the tokens (already included) and Feat Power cards, including one pre-filled with the feat power presented as part of the product.

Siberys

Adventurer
One thing I've noticed - there are several references to a divine origin, but there is no such origin, 'least in core. Perhaps "Immortal" was meant? Unless this was meant to avoid GSL/OGL issues, or intentionally invented...

Most of the Monsters are of natural origin - shouldn't they be divine/immortal?

Otherwise, great product, although I'd have liked a fully b-and-w version for printing.

Lookin' forward to more stuff!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads