• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Commentary for 9 September 2006

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Well... I want to know what it was. Was it some sort of magical talisman? Probably a good place for someone with Knowledge: Arcana to see if they know a thing or two about it...
You may learn something about it if someone has the right knowledge skill. If someone wants to make a roll and tell me what they got, I may be able to illuminate the situation a bit. However, the most apropriate knowledge isn't always Arcana. It certainly may be in this case, but it never hurts to try to tackle the same problem from a couple of different angles.

The_Universe said:
You may learn something about it if someone has the right knowledge skill. If someone wants to make a roll and tell me what they got, I may be able to illuminate the situation a bit. However, the most apropriate knowledge isn't always Arcana. It certainly may be in this case, but it never hurts to try to tackle the same problem from a couple of different angles.
I wasn't suggesting that Knowledge: Arcana is always the right choice, it just seemed to be the applicable Knowledge skill. If someone wants to roll a Knowledge: Religion or The Planes, that would probably be helpful, as well. I, for one, doubt my Knowledge: Local is going to do much good. And, I only rolled an 8.

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I wasn't suggesting that Knowledge: Arcana is always the right choice, it just seemed to be the applicable Knowledge skill. If someone wants to roll a Knowledge: Religion or The Planes, that would probably be helpful, as well. I, for one, doubt my Knowledge: Local is going to do much good. And, I only rolled an 8.
And you are correct. Knowledge: Local at an 8 doesn't really reveal anything of note about apparently-magical dessicated reattaching severed hands. Particularly nothing about an evidently feminine hand reattaching to the wrist-stump of an otherwise masculine appearing ogrun. :)

And I know you weren't suggesting that Knowledge: Arcana is always the right one. I just wanted to make sure that we didn't start and stop with Arcana, since almost all the knowledges apply at one time or another.

Remove ads