Community Supporter Account Expiration Email

At a quarter after every hour since 7.15pm, I have recieved an email announcing the pending expiration of my Community Supporter Account... just wondering if that will continue?

Additionally, I was wondering--when I get that email, how long do I have left on my account?

Thanks!!

--QueenD

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Boy, that's really incredibly annoying. Sorry about that. I haven't heard of that happening to anyone else - I hope - so clearly it's cause we love you! And not because our system is acting up. Ahem. I'll let Michael and/or Morrus tackle that problem.

Your account is up December 1st.

Michael Morris

First Post
I'll check the scheduled task manager - I recently moved a bunch of tasks around to balance server loads a bit more. Sorry bout that.

Edit: Ok, I have the subscriptions macro set to run Monday at 4:00 AM. I have to let it run at least once a week because it is the macro that activates/deactivates community supporter accounts. I didn't realize it was sending out emails. :(

The problem with scheduling it weekly though is that new accounts won't start until the macro runs.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Michael, is there any way to break that into two macros - one that sends emails, and one that activates new accounts? Since it gives a three day warning, running it once a week might not be too effective. More importantly, we need to have new account activation run daily. In a worst case scenario, one email a day to someone for three days isn't too bad.

We can figure out a solution in the Staff Forum as needed. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads