• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Comoare the wish list to the playtest

seregil

First Post
A while ago, I had this thread: Innovations I'd like to keep.

So let's compare what I wanted to keep (*and many others) to what is being proposed.

• Same XP table for all classes : As far as we can tell, yes, it is in there.
  • No THAC0: yup.
  • Uniform mechanics. Related to previous point but applies to everything or close. Higher is better.: also there.
  • Precise and standardized terminology. MTG's gifts to DND. Precise words with specific definitions. Yes, I think we can say that they have continued this.
  • No racial level or class limitations: yes.
  • Class and race treated separately: yes.
  • Standard bonuses for Attributes. BECMI had this, AD&D did not completely. I like that 14 is always +2 etc. YEs
  • Saving throws that make sense (For, Will, Ref) instead of RSW/DM/PTTS/BA. A bit different, but yes.
  • Effective Rogues ( I was really sad as a thief in BECMI, level 12 before 50% chance of hide in shadows...what do I DO for 12 levels?!?). Um, I'm not sure, I have yet to analyze the rogue yet. I think so.
  • Well balanced classes. 4E's only real advantage, IMO. Difficult to say at this moment.
  • Different, non-homogenized classes that act, feel and work differently. Yes.
  • Rituals. Yes, though they are more 'cast from you spell book', which is better I find.
  • Minions. I don't know, but this is easy to implement anyways.
So, looking at my wish list, I think that the pleytest is on the right track. From the reactions I am hearing, I also think we can safely say that it has addressed one of the main issues with 4e that was raised by people who did not like 4E: it FEELS like D&D.

That alone makes me hopeful.

Any of the things you wanted that made it or not?

Remove ads