D&D General Companion to D&D Survivor: Gem Dragons

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I really should have given a list of hexadecimal color codes for the various Chromatics, Metallics, and Gems in the various companion threads. I'll do better next time. Next up is the Oriental dragons, which are not generally single-color.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I really should have given a list of hexadecimal color codes for the various Chromatics, Metallics, and Gems in the various companion threads. I'll do better next time. Next up is the Oriental dragons, which are not generally single-color.
what are those guys' individual themes past being east asian dragons?

Mind of tempest

Heaven - Tien Lung
Earth - look like winged Lions, (not Foo)
River
Sea (cousin to Turtle-Dragon)
Carp
Typhoon
(There are a couple of others that are pretty much variations on River dragon)
personalities and what they do as we have no 5e book on them?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
any one know why sapphires are popular they seem just boring?
yeah at first glance theyre not all that, but they do have a history of feuding with minflayers and aboleths as they compete for the same subterranean territory. Their lairs are potentially interesting as they can manipulate stone and dominate burrowing creatures

Mind of tempest

yeah at first glance theyre not all that, but they do have a history of feuding with minflayers and aboleths as they compete for the same subterranean territory. Their lairs are potentially interesting as they can manipulate stone and dominate burrowing creatures
everyone feuds with mindflayers and aboleth they enslave minds and almost no one is pro having their own mind enslaved.
lairs man dragons need to be cooler if we are down to that.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Obsidian Dragon 7+1=8 Considering all that went down, I can't really blame them for hating their father and the other gem dragons.
Given Obsidians are the only Evil gem dragon, it's not exactly a stretch to think that they, or their Thane, did something particularly heinous which even the TN Sardior couldn't forgive.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Given Obsidians are the only Evil gem dragon, it's not exactly a stretch to think that they, or their Thane, did something particularly heinous which even the TN Sardior couldn't forgive.
While that's fair, D&D also has examples of gods punishing the wrong people or going to extremes to hide or brush off their own mistakes. And there are hints and threads of lore that show the Ruby Dragons isn't always the most benevolent (He is TN after all, so mercy or understanding aren't a necessity though I'm sure he is capable of also being those things) and is capable of making such mistakes.

Truthfully though, I love that there are various different depicts of the gods from different angles. It creates fun thought experiments that can lead to fun subversion of the more commonly accepted lore. For example, I really like the First World versions of Bahamat and Tiamat, because it gives both depth that can be further explored. And those subversions can bleed into their creations.

Remove ads