D&D General Companion Thread to D&D Survivor: Planar Dragons

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
That list of Planar Dragons in the other thread makes me wish there were Planar Dragonborn. ;)
There's a couple of DM's Guild products that flesh out Dragonborn options with dragons from past editions. I don't remember seeing one for Catastrophic Dragons, but I could swear I saw one that had planar dragons in it, along with gem dragons, ferrous dragons, etc. Like, three pages of Dragonborn ancestry options. It's really too many options for chargen!

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
There's a couple of DM's Guild products that flesh out Dragonborn options with dragons from past editions. I don't remember seeing one for Catastrophic Dragons, but I could swear I saw one that had planar dragons in it, along with gem dragons, ferrous dragons, etc. Like, three pages of Dragonborn ancestry options. It's really too many options for chargen!
Only hits too many once we hit Lupin variants numbers, and I'm pretty sure Dragonborn haven't got that bad yet

Only hits too many once we hit Lupin variants numbers, and I'm pretty sure Dragonborn haven't got that bad yet
5e currently has about 15 different kinds of Dragonborn (5 Chromatic, 5 Metallic and 5 Gem). If Pathfinder 1st Edition had them, we would be looking at 35 different kinds of Dragonborn thanks to the 7 groups of True Dragons in that RPG (Chromatic, Metallic, Primal, Imperial, Outer, Esoteric and Planar). ;)

RealAlHazred

5e currently has about 15 different kinds of Dragonborn (5 Chromatic, 5 Metallic and 5 Gem). If Pathfinder 1st Edition had them, we would be looking at 35 different kinds of Dragonborn thanks to the 7 groups of True Dragons in that RPG (Chromatic, Metallic, Primal, Imperial, Outer, Esoteric and Planar). ;)
Pathfinder Imperial dragons are basically the Oriental Dragons of AD&D 1st/2nd edition. I didn't add Pathfinder Planar Dragons to this list, because it was already super-long and that would have been confusing. At least, it's confusing to me!

RealAlHazred

I wonder at whoever named the Chole dragon. Chole means "bile" in Latin, which is where I assume it came from. But in a rather less obscure language, "chole" means cooked or uncooked chickpeas...

Pathfinder Imperial dragons are basically the Oriental Dragons of AD&D 1st/2nd edition. I didn't add Pathfinder Planar Dragons to this list, because it was already super-long and that would have been confusing. At least, it's confusing to me!
Maybe they'll show up in the next Survivor thread? ;) "In this episode of Survivor, we cover the Dragons of Pathfinder 1st edition..."

Remove ads