• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Company of the Morning Sun OOC

Zurai

First Post
Jemal: Standing is a move action that does not provoke. You can crawl as a move action at half your speed, but it does provoke. And yes, a curse would have helped ;)

renau1g: Whoops! I rolled for him and added him to my cheatsheet but skipped him in the writeup. I'm correcting that now. Kriv is right after the goblin wolfrider.

Redclaw: There are no rules for monsters riding mounts. I wrote up the wolfrider as a single creature in lieu of inventing rules for them. Once you get it to bloodied, the goblin will be out of the picture and you'll just be fighting the wolf.

Walking Dad

First Post
Zurai said:
Jemal: Standing is a move action that does not provoke. You can crawl as a move action at half your speed, but it does provoke. And yes, a curse would have helped ;)

renau1g: Whoops! I rolled for him and added him to my cheatsheet but skipped him in the writeup. I'm correcting that now. Kriv is right after the goblin wolfrider.

Redclaw: There are no rules for monsters riding mounts. I wrote up the wolfrider as a single creature in lieu of inventing rules for them. Once you get it to bloodied, the goblin will be out of the picture and you'll just be fighting the wolf.
Will the wolf be still marked? (The mechanic looks like something from the Baldur's Gate 2 RPG for PS2. Not a critic, just reminded me on it.)

Zurai

First Post
Yes. It's one creature. It just loses the ability to use the goblin's spear attack, which means it loses its ability to double-attack as well.

Zurai

First Post
The wolfrider is a creature I made myself. The stats are actually over on the 4E board but I'm sure it's buried deep by now. It's a level 3 Elite Brute, for the record. I'll post its stats here once you guys beat it.

Jemal

Adventurer
Further question: When there's 4 or 5 of us going in a row between NPC's/badguys should we wait to post in order or can we just post our actions?

Also : Ouch, not being bloodied yet means these wolves have over 37 hp each.

Zurai

First Post
Jemal said:
Further question: When there's 4 or 5 of us going in a row between NPC's/badguys should we wait to post in order or can we just post our actions?
Yes, go ahead and post your actions. Waiting to go in order slows things down tremendously, in my experience.
Ouch, not being bloodied yet means these wolves have over 37 hp each.
Yep, but not much over.

Jemal

Adventurer
Oy, rolling a 3 on my 'get out of there safely' check sucks.. Perhaps Michael will have to rethink his "I can take'em" strategy.

Zurai

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
SO fast replying trumps initiative?
Huh? No. Your actions will still be processed in initiative order. There's no reason for person #6 in initiative order to wait for person #5 to post his action, though, unless person #6 is thinking of reacting specifically to person #5's action. (for example, "If Thor moves out of the way, I can charge, but if he stays put I'll have to find a rock to throw"). In most cases, character actions are mostly independent of each other. In the cases where I think a person might want to change their action, I'll stop the narration at that point and give the person in question the opportunity to change their action. You'll note I've already done this once with Shamash.

If everyone waited for the person before them in initiative to act before posting their action, each combat round would take days. This way, I should instead be able to post a full round each time the slowest person posts.

Remove ads