• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Divine: Which classes are you allowing?

same question

• Black Flame Zealot

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Blighter

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Church Inquistor

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Consecrated Harrier

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Contemplative

• Divine Crusader

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • Divine Oracle

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Entropomancer

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Evangelist

• Geomancer

• Holy Liberator

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Hospitaler

• Pious Templar

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Radiant Servant of Pelor

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Rainbow Servant

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Sacred Exorcist

• Sacred Fist

• Seeker of the Misty Isle

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Shining Blade of Heronious

• Stormlord

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Temple Raider of Olidammara

• Ur-Priest

• Void Disciple

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • War Priest

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • Favored Soul

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • Shugenja

• Spirit Shaman

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • None

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Poll closed .

Odhanan

Adventurer
All of them. I hesitated on the Shugenja, but if a player came up with a cool background justifying the choice, I would accept it too.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I "allow" all of them in the sense that they all have a place in my campaign (I run Greyhawk). Some are far better known than others and some have various stigmas attached to them however that makes them virtually unplayable as PC options.

Robert Ranting

First Post
Since my Homebrew has no active deities, or clerics, and uses AE's spellcasting system, where there's no Arcane/Divine distinction, I initially passed on this book, however, I have found that in some cases certain PrCs work for NPCs in my campaign setting.

Black Flame Zealot- excellent Villain filling the Cultist, Assassin, and BBEG's right-hand-man roles.

Entropomancer- I've used one of these as a major BBEG in my own campaign. Thematically, very cool, but not terribly survivable, in my experience.

Evangelist- In a world without active/interfering gods, Evangelists (often Bards) will nonetheless preach, and gather a following.

Geomancer- My alterations of this class to make it fit with AE's spellcasting system are a bit too extensive to detail here, but suffice it to say, Spell Versatility allows multiclass spellcasters to make their casting Verbal-only by becoming more closely tied to Nature. I might consider letting a PC do this.

Pious Templar- For when you absolutely, positively, need to make it difficult for the PCs to get into a Temple.

Stormlord- More or less becomes a specialized order of Lightning-mages, rather than having divine affiliations. I might consider letting a PC do this.

Robert "Mostly Just NPCs Though" Ranting

Psion

Adventurer
I'm part of the "radiant servant is more cleric than cleric" bandwagon. Ditch it.
Divine crusader is not as overpowered as it appears at first glance, but I still hate that method of parsing out spells.
Which also puts Ur-priest out on its ear (in addition to I just hate the concept of the ur-priest)
I'd allow a favored soul as a sort of "itinerant priest" but see Shugenja as rokugan specific (and I already have my fill of spontaneous divine casters). As for spirit shaman, I prefer Green Ronin's Shaman and Ancestral Speaker.

Gold Roger

First Post
All of them.

Again, some need flavor changes and for some these might come with slightly changed abilities though (like black flame zealots that use other weapons than Kukri and make their weapons shocking or somesuch).

Remove ads