• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Divine: Which classes are you allowing?

same question

• Black Flame Zealot

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Blighter

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Church Inquistor

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Consecrated Harrier

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Contemplative

• Divine Crusader

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • Divine Oracle

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Entropomancer

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Evangelist

• Geomancer

• Holy Liberator

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Hospitaler

• Pious Templar

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Radiant Servant of Pelor

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Rainbow Servant

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Sacred Exorcist

• Sacred Fist

• Seeker of the Misty Isle

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Shining Blade of Heronious

• Stormlord

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Temple Raider of Olidammara

• Ur-Priest

• Void Disciple

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • War Priest

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • Favored Soul

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • Shugenja

• Spirit Shaman

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • None

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Poll closed .

howandwhy99

Adventurer
We're using the Shugenja as an Elementalist core class. It is significantly different both arcane and divine casters. It's probably about as powerful casting-wise as a cleric.

Seule

Explorer
I find it interesting that Radiant Servant of Cheese has the fewest votes, and I believe rightly so. I also excluded Ur-priest and Shugenja, although I might be convinced on that last.

--Seule

rgard

Adventurer
I selected all of them. I'm really not bothered what the players play class-wise. It's a free form campaign and I'll never put a whole lot of thought into the cosmology and history in this one.

If I started a world from scratch and wanted any kind of consistency or DM'd a straight FR or Eberron campaign, I would look more closely at what 20 level (beyond the PHB) classes and prestige classes to allow.

Of all the classes in the Complete Divine, I've only played the Ur-Priest. And the only reason I'm playing it is to get a 9th level divine spell and 9th level arcane spell at 20th level:

1 Paladin of Freedom (fallen), 9 Wizard, 2 Ur-Priest, 8 Mystic Theurge. Needed the Able Learner feat to make that work as I prestiged into Ur-Priest earlier than the class list implies, some of the wizard levels are coming at the back end of the progression.

Thanks,
Rich

Remove ads