Complete Mage ToC

Razz

Banned
Banned
I am glad for no more new base classes. They were getting annoying now. But I do like alternate class features.

I, too, am a little upset that there's only 2 measly pages of Warlock invocations. Was hoping for at least 4-5 pages worth.

But I am really excited to see that 95% of all this is original and not repeat prints from other books. And my Warlock player will be very interested with the new invocations and Warlock PrC! :D

Particle_Man

Explorer
Hexblade spells! Glad they are getting a little more love. Mind you, Rangers and Paladins are also getting new spells, which seems a little odd since they are divine casters, but maybe this is part of the "arcane class feature variant" package?

Particle_Man

Explorer
So my big guess:

Eldritch Theurge: Warlock/Wizard (or other arcane spellcaster), need 2nd level arcane spells and, what, 2 or 3 invocations known?

Eldritch Disciple: Warlock/Cleric (or other divine caster).

Or are they going to be more like the Arcane Heirophant, I wonder?

Aus_Snow

First Post
So what the heck is an Ultimate Magus? :confused: Dare I ask?

Where's that mouse when you need him. . . eh, never mind that actually. NDAs and all, no doubt.

Mercule

Adventurer
I was all set to pass on this book. The first 30 pages look excellent, at least. Beyond that, it mostly falls into the category of "stuff I've got too much of, already".

We'll see, though. If there were another couple pages of Invocations, it'd shift me closer to a purchase.

"Ultimate Magus" sounds like what I've wanted ever since I saw the Mystic Theurge: Sorcerer/Wizard.

Glee!

Also, new Warlock Invocations and more alternate class features! Huzzah!

-TRRW

MadMaxim

First Post
It looks good to me, but I have to agree with theredrobedwizard, what is the Ultimate Magus? Is it going to beat the Archmage?

Remove ads