Complete Psionic: Ectopic Adept

Velmont

First Post
For my second level character, I was thinking of a Psionic Character. One concept I like to try would be a shaper, and with the PrC Ectopic Adept, it would make it even more interesting.

Erekose13

Explorer
I'll have to read up on this one again. I don't remember any problems but I didn't follow up as much on the PrCs in Comp. Psi.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I vote NO. Allowing the Ectopic Adept means allowing the ridiculous stealth errata on Astral Constructs that limits them to only 1 (Ectopic Adept has a class ability that lets you have more than 1, and then it gives you major Astral Construct buffs because it expects you to have to deal with the 1 Construct limit).

This is an exception to my usual rule of only voting NO on things that will destroy your game because I particularly don't care for that errata and want to make the fact that accepting the class means accepting the errata more visible.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ferrix, when he was around, was pretty against this rule, and he was a local 'expert' on items psionic. Velmont, do you have any reason to prefer this to the non-"errata'd" version?

Velmont

First Post
I wasn't aware of the errata on the astral construct. It just didn't pop in my head that there was no limitation on the number of astral construct. I must tell I've thrown that without being sure I would head for it if I choose to do a shaper.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Velmont said:
I wasn't aware of the errata on the astral construct. It just didn't pop in my head that there was no limitation on the number of astral construct. I must tell I've thrown that without being sure I would head for it if I choose to do a shaper.
Complete Psionic introduces many reworking of powers which essentially are "errata": The summon power you talk about is one of them. It nerfs it by limiting it to fixed forms (no variable forms).

Erekose13

Explorer
I really have to read up on it. I'd heard of the only 1 astral construct in existance at one time, but this too? wow, they really killed it.

Remove ads