• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Confirmed: No Warforged in PHB!

kerbarian

Explorer
psionotic said:
And I, for one, am glad. They are going to appear in the MM, along with the Aasimar, both of which will likely include notes on how to use them as a playable race:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=906393

I like warforged... for Eberron. Let's keep 'em there. :)
Also no drow in the PH1. Or goblins, orcs, kobolds, hobgoblins, githyanki, or minotaurs, but I don't think anyone was expecting those.

Although from that entry, warforged will be in the MM1, not just Eberron books.

Pygon

First Post
It's at least nice to know there will be a "monsters as PC" section in the MM. It's also probably a plus that the main monster blocks won't be cluttered up with the "as PC" info.

WarlockLord

First Post
No...no drow...now I have to wait even longer to play that drow wizard...

EDIT: Or warlock. Whichever turns out to be cooler.

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
kerbarian said:
Although from that entry, warforged will be in the MM1, not just Eberron books.
Well yeah. I would expect that they want players to be able to run their Eberron games as soon as possible.

I expect them to also present the Artificer via DDI sometime soon.

I would also note that just because the Warforged are confirmed for the MM doesn't mean that the other Eberron races (Changelings, Shifters) won't be. ;) (But I think those two are much easier to integrate into a non-Eberron game).

kerbarian

Explorer
WarlockLord said:
No...no drow...now I have to wait even longer to play that drow wizard...
Well, only until the MM1 comes out. To summarize Andy Collins on that:

"I'm working on an appendix for the Monster Manual that provides the basics on how to play some of the non-PH races appearing in the MM as PCs. ... Which ones, you ask? ... Drow? ... maybe. ... (Ok, probably yes on that last one. But don't make them any promises...you know how vengeful those dark elves can be when they don't get their way.)"

Mercule

Adventurer
Rechan said:
Well yeah. I would expect that they want players to be able to run their Eberron games as soon as possible.

Yeah. That's the only thing keeping me from thinking it's unfortunate. I'd still prefer to see them as ESC-only, but that wouldn't be nice.

I'd also like to see the drow relegated to FRCS-only. They've become too tied to that setting. And, frankly, too bloody annoying.

Klaus

First Post
Don't jump the gun there.

Andy said that several possible monsters were being considered, from Aasimar to Warforged. So both are in the realm of "maybe".

Rechan

Adventurer
Mercule said:
Yeah. That's the only thing keeping me from thinking it's unfortunate. I'd still prefer to see them as ESC-only, but that wouldn't be nice.

I'd also like to see the drow relegated to FRCS-only. They've become too tied to that setting. And, frankly, too bloody annoying.
I disagree vehemently.

Among other things, Eberron has drow too. And some of us who don't use either use Drow or Warforged.

Sundragon2012

First Post
Good decision IMO. Warforged are NOT a part of a generic High Fantasy/Sword and Sorcery setting. They fit well in Eberron because they were created for that setting and are completely integrated into it. Plus, if they aren't in the PHB1 new or spineless old DMs will not have to feel nervous about saying no to the player who wants a warforged character in a setting that doesn't support them.

Sundragon

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads