• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
SoulFetter

Mowgli said:
[sblock=STR Check]Not sure what the target number is to resist being tripped. SoulFetter gets his STR Bonus, I guess, and Urgants get the +4 for being one size up, so 1d20+9=12. He still didn't do very well - IC is being particularly cruel to me lately. Maybe the pendulum will swing soon :\ I'll post an action for him when I know whether or not he tripped.[/sblock]
SoulFetter is grazed by a bola and staggered, but after a moment of swaying like a great elm tree, he regains his balance in time to pass Raul back down to Darius and Alarion this round.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

:\ After insuring that his friend his safe, the always deliberate SoulFetter calmly takes a moment to carefully unwrap the offending bola from 'round his ankles, coil it neatly and hang it from his belt, pick his nose and scratch his head, and then attempts to decide which opponent to behead (Initiative roll: 1d20+3=6)

Scotley

Hero
Initiative Order

Thea 18
Jonas 15
Wally 14
Raul 14
Moru 13
Darius 9
Orcs/Lizard 7
Soulfetter 6
Alarion 3

Bruno?

Rahvin?

[sblock=Jonas]Just missing the fast moving Lizard with his weapon as it bowls him over, the Ranger finds himself knocked prone and trampled by the beast (damage (1d6+6=8)), which does not pause, but keeps on tearing down the passage at high speed. Jonas can still take his swing from prone and even with the -4 he will still get a hit with that roll.[/sblock]

OOC: Orcs Initiative (1d20+1=7) Wally Initiative (1d20+3=14)

[sblock=A brief rules digression]The lizard is not stopping, but the place on the map marked in green is where it is at the turn of the round. On its initiative it will continue moving, so those who score lower on initiative than the lizard's seven will not get an attack as it will have moved on by then. However, depending on where your character is you might get an attack of opportunity. If you beat a 7 you should be able to swing at the lizard or one of the riders. Of course the lizard is going to attempt to overrun and trample another character and a failure there might stop its run. If anyone would like to file a brief disagreeing with my interpretation it will be taken under advisement by the DM's. [/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea's initiative roll: [sblock] roll 18 ( http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1351260 ). She's still kind of stuck in a rut- or rather a pit, with no sight of what is happening above. I guess the dust has settled, but the angle is still bad. Thus she will keep an eye out for any other threats from this level- unless some of the other opponenets move so that she can see them. [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC:

My understanding of the events thus far is as follows:

After resolving the attack of the crawlers, SF began bringing folks up out of the pit, Raul being the first. However, in the same round he was bringing Raul up, the party was attacked by the orcrat bearing lizard. Darius suggested Raul would be safer in the pit due to his paralysis (as the characters have no idea how long he'll be out). Since I wasn't able to respond in a timely manner to keep the action going, it was presumed that SF would agree (he did wholeheartedly) and lower Raul back down.

LSS, Raul is down in the hole with Darius, Alarion, and Thea.

Lou

Explorer
Raul is in the hole....

Mowgli said:
OOC:

My understanding of the events thus far is as follows:

After resolving the attack of the crawlers, SF began bringing folks up out of the pit, Raul being the first. However, in the same round he was bringing Raul up, the party was attacked by the orcrat bearing lizard. Darius suggested Raul would be safer in the pit due to his paralysis (as the characters have no idea how long he'll be out). Since I wasn't able to respond in a timely manner to keep the action going, it was presumed that SF would agree (he did wholeheartedly) and lower Raul back down.

LSS, Raul is down in the hole with Darius, Alarion, and Thea.

OCC: No problem, thanks!

xedr

First Post
After getting Raul back on the ground, Darius lies him down and slips the loop off over his feet. As he turns to help Alarion up the rope, Darius tensely asks Thea [highlight]"how long are these creatures out for?"[/highlight]

Remove ads