Constables of the 14th Ward

pathfinderq1

First Post
xedr said:
After getting Raul back on the ground, Darius lies him down and slips the loop off over his feet. As he turns to help Alarion up the rope, Darius tensely asks Thea [highlight]"how long are these creatures out for?"[/highlight]

Thea, already worried enough by whatever is going on upstairs and what else it might attract down here, shoots a sudden desperate glance at the sleeping creepies. "A few minutes, I think- if their brains are anything like humans."

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Scotley said:
A volley of Bolas (1d20+2=20, 1d20+2=10, 1d20+2=4, 1d20+2=5, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+2=5, 1d20+2=17) comes clattering down the passage and while most miss, Soulfetter, Moru and Wally all are struck with the weapons which coil around to trip. (Please roll a str or dex check, which ever is better for you to resist being tripped) A most peculiar sight follows in the wake of the missiles, a long low sinuous lizard come running into the area on 10 legs. Standing on his back are four eye-patched garishly painted Orcrat warriors waving clubs, shouting out war whoops and holding on to ropes tied around the lizard's midsection. The lizard weaves around the fallen Rahvin and Bruno and plows headlong into Jonas (make a str. or dex. check to avoid being trampled and take an attack of opportunity against the lizard) who misses with his weapon and is knocked prone and trampled by the lizard as it continues moving forward. A handful of additional Orcs are approaching in the wake of the lizard. Wally drops to the floor felled by a bola and starts roaring out a stream of curses in Orcish with a look of murderous rage in his eyes.

Moru does his best, but winds up on the ground as the bola twists about his feet. Seeing the lizard and its riders, he reacts on instinct, scrouging a red powder from his spell pouch and throwing it into the air. As he splays his fingers and blurts out a phrase in Sylvanoptera, the poder flashes, spreading forward in a cone of colored light.

[sblock=OOC]Initiative 13
Pitiful dex roll 4

Moru casts Color Spray (DC 14 Will save). I think the cone will unfortunately catch Jonas and possibly Bruno, but it's all he's got that might keep the giant lizard from trampling his feeble wizardly frame.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Thea 18
Jonas 15
Wally 14
Raul 14
Moru 13
Darius 9
Orcs/Lizard 7
Soulfetter 6
Alarion 3

Thea cringed at the terrible racket from the corridor above- and it was all the worse because she couldn't see the source of the noise. She looked around the room she was in once more- that much noise would draw a lot of attention. "What is going on up there?," she hissed anxiously.

Despite being trampled under the rampaging lizard, the stalwart Jonas manages to raise his blade and wound the lead riding orcrat. Bruno, not to outdone by his master, also takes a bite out of an orcrat at it passes on lizardback.

Wally struggles free of the bola and gets to his feet still cursing, then quickly draws axe and dagger.

In the crypt room below, Raul continues to try and free himself of the crippling paralysis of the Carrion Crawlers' touch.

Moru does his best, but winds up on the ground as the bola twists about his feet. Seeing the lizard and its riders, he reacts on instinct, scrouging a red powder from his spell pouch and throwing it into the air. As he splays his fingers and blurts out a phrase in Sylvanoptera, the poder flashes, spreading forward in a cone of colored light. Unfortunately, fate is smiling on the orcrats and their lizard mount and while they blink they do not slow their charge. (Moru needs to make a str. or dex check vs. the overrun and trample) (Damage 8 from Lizard trample)

The Orcrats riding the lizard take swings at Wally (6 damage), Jonas (7 damage), Bruno (4 damage) and Rahvin who is the only one they miss. One of the Orcrats on foot also takes a swing at Rahvin, but misses as well. Two others run forward in the wake of the lizard while a third hangs back. This last one must be a witch doctor or shaman of some sort for he waves what appears to be a divine focus in the form of an unwinking eye while gyrating and chanting in his gutteral language. A ray of searing light bursts forth from his palm and lances (1d20+4=17) out at Soulfetter.

Having lowered Raul into the arms of his companions below, Soulfetter let go of the rope which is tied to the edge of the floor and draws his axe turning toward the main hallway. The hot ray strikes (4d6=10) the Urgant in the shoulder just as he emerges.

Alarion scrambles up the rope in hopes of joining the fray.

[sblock=saves and attacks]
Lizard Will Save (1d20+4=16)
Lead Orc rider Will Save (1d20-2=18)
Second Orc Rider Will Save (1d20-2=18)
Orc Riders clubs (1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=18, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=8) Crit Check (1d20+5=7) Club Damage (1d6+3=6, 1d6+3=7, 1d6+3=4)
[/sblock]

OOC: I need to await Moru's check before determining where the orcrats and lizard end up. Nevermind, there is no way he can beat the lizard's roll overrun (1d20+14=28).

Attachments

• It_never_rains_it_pours.xls
    30 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Mowgli said:
OOC: Which orc shot the ray at SoulFetter?
The witch doctor or shaman of some sort with what appears to be a divine focus in the form of an unwinking eye. You know, the one that was gyrating and chanting in his gutteral language, just before the beam leapt out at you.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Thanks, Scott. I guess I should have phrased my question more carefully - I knew it was the witch doctor/shaman/whatever.

He's a pretty good shot to weave his spell through those two occupied spaces just as SoulFetter is steppin' out into the hall - I don't suppose SF gets credit for partial cover?

Remove ads