Constables of the 14th Ward

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Note that the confines of the warren are going to make it difficult to wield a sword, a light weapon would be best. Who is going into the warren and with what light source?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

Lou said:
[sblock=OOC musing]So the spellcaster dropped his spell book (just a wild guess ;)) as he fled? He'll be back for that! :] [/sblock]

It dawns on Raul,"I'm in a dungeon, uhh tunnel, uhh sewer without a light source.... I wonder what sewer-gunk does to magic boots?"

Raul will move to Soulfetter and whisper,"You got a light? We should scout these tunnels behind us to prevent surprises from this way. No point in being the rear guard that let its guard down. How about I take a 30-step scout-ahead in each of these three passages? You can be my anchor point for relaying messages."

[sblock=plan]How much can Raul see at the junction (without a light) headed away from the group? Raul wants to slowly move 30 feet left and back to Soulfetter, 30 feet up and back, and then 30 feet right and back, searching for anything of note, preferably with a light of some kind unless there is enough light for the half-elf to use.[/sblock]

"No light, sorry. I'll be happy to anchor you here . . . maybe we can get a light from one of the others? I can't see a thing down any of these passages."

Maeglin

First Post
"Careful there, Darius," Rahvin says. "That hole's probably the rats' lair. There's bound to be more vermin in there."

Turning back the way he came, Rahvin starts heading north towards the warren entrance. Passing by the knight from Tovarre, the former spy says: "He does sound mad, Alarion."

"Perhaps with a little luck, we can use this book to determine where Thornapple plans to strike next. See if it holds any of the druid's spells, will you, Thea? After you have finished analyzing it, perhaps we can examine its contents further and try to make some sense of it..."

Stormcrow moves carefully through the sewer, to bring his lantern closer to Darius.

"Perhaps you are right, Darius, and we should get back to searching for the mapmaker. Unless Jonas can manage to find a good trail to track, there is probably not much left down here to find."

"So, what shall we do next? Darius , Alarion? Ignatius placed you two in charge..."

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
[sblock=OOC] what the heck, someone's got to do it, and I still have more than 30 hp left... :) [/sblock]

"I shall check the vermin's warren, then."

The tall knight switches the torch to his left hand, and draws the truncheon with his left. He thrusts the torch within the hole to examine within.

[sblock] spot check 19 [/sblock]

If nothing comes out of the hole, the knight scrambles in warily.

[sblock] climb 22 [/sblock]

xedr

First Post
[highlight]"Dammit, we're not prepared for this. Alarion, don't go too far. I'm going for some torches and a rope. Anybody need anything else? I'll be back in five."[/highlight] Darius rushes back to the rungs, pops the manhole cover, takes a deep breath of fresh alley air, and heads for Home Depot umm... the nearest source of rope and torches he can find, which turns out to be a nearby hardware store. After selecting and paying for 50' of rope and eight torches (1.1gp), he asks <sigh> [highlight]"Can I get a receipt, please?"[/highlight]. With an armload of torches and rope, Darius rushes back to the manhole.

[sblock=OOC]Here's a few d20's for I don't know what... finding a store? getting back quickly?
1d20=4, 1d20=9[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Darius scambles past his fellows and back to the surface.

[sblock=Darius]Fortunately, there is a shop with both rope and torches for sale nearby. Isn't adventuring in the city convenient? Clerics on call and equipment available at moment's notice. Darius is soon back in the sewer handing out torches, the receipt tucked in his now 1.1 gold pieces lighter pouch. Torches were on sale a dozen for a silver.[/sblock]

Meanwhile Alarion begins his crawl through the muck of the warren. Some rodent droppings in both small and extra large sizes are quickly noted. There appear to be nesting areas for rats perhaps other animals as well. He does hear some skittering in the depths of the warren. He notes some small holes leading up, presumably to the feed store above.

Soulfetter and Raul hear some splashing down the East tunnel of the sewer, but can see nothing.

In moments Darius has torches for Soulfetter and Raul as well as anyone else who wants one. Raul can begin his exploration up and down the North, East and West tunnels.

Actions?

Attachments

• Sewers.xls
    14 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Alarion finds a dagger with a silver and ivory handle stuffed into a niche up high near the floor of the building above. It looks like somebody tried to conceal it with rags or hides.

Remove ads