Constables of the 14th Ward

Scotley

Hero
The party hears sounds of a struggle and a clatter from the warren where Alarion is exploring. The light from his torch dances wildly for a moment.

Actions?

[sblock=Alarion only!]As Alarion tugs at the dagger a skeleton tumbles down to attack him dagger first. What Alarion took for ivory on the hilt are in fact skeletal fingers.

With a great clatter and crunch Alarion finds that the skeleton is not animate, merely precariously balanced where it had been shoved. The body is picked clean of flesh and blood and dressed in hide armor. Several rat traps hang at the belt. In a pouch Alarion finds 10 gp and a slip of paper with the address of the feed store above listed. The dagger is a silver handled blade of masterwork quality. Likely it was the prized possession of the owner of apparantley humble means.[/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Raul in sewer 2

Scotley said:
Soulfetter and Raul hear some splashing down the East tunnel of the sewer, but can see nothing.

In moments Darius has torches for Soulfetter and Raul as well as anyone else who wants one. Raul can begin his exploration up and down the North, East and West tunnels.

Actions?

Raul thanks Darius for the torch, lights it from someone else's flame, and tells Soulfetter as he gestures eastward, "I think I'll try the noisy branch first."

Raul takes a torch in his left hand and moves eastward down the sewer, moving carefully but approaching normal speed, looking back from time to time to judge the distance to Soulfetter and his torch.

[sblock=rolls and OOC] Is there a path along the stream or is it wading time?
Full-speed is 40 for Raul.
Raul is heading out for W14 on the map. At that point, the plan is to look as far forward as possible and then return to Soulfetter.
Here are my initial rolls:
Spot check = 27
Listen check = 13
Try not to fall on my keister check = 15

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter shifts his truncheon to his off hand and pulls out a hand/throwing axe in his left hand. He takes a good grip on both weapons, prepared to rush to his friends aid if necessary.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"By my troth! How gruesome an end!" Alarion puts the evidence in his pouch, and sets the skeleton to the side before proceeding deeper into the warren.

xedr

First Post
Leaving the excess torches with Soulfetter, Darius ties one end of the rope around his ankle, hands the other end to Jonas, and scrambles after Alarion with a torch and dagger clasped in his right hand. [highlight]"I'm coming Alarion! Where are you?"[/highlight]

Scotley

Hero
Torch in hand, Raul makes his way down the narrow sewer passage without falling. The slow flow of water and sewage is in the middle of the passage and with some difficulty Raul can walk with his feet far apart and avoid the worst of the filth. He manages to work his way 40' down the passage were he can see another hole in the wall very much like the one Alarion entered. There is a flicker of torch light coming from the hole. He thinks he might have heard a noise from the hole, but he isn't sure. There is a little disturbance in the water and filth near the hole suggesting something came this way, perhaps coming from or going into the hole recently. A little further down is another sewer grate leading to the surface.

Scotley

Hero
Alarion moves deeper into the warren with Darius coming in behind him. He spots a hole leading into a larger space ahead and to the left. A flicker of light comes from beyond the hole.

Darius, following in Alarion's wake sees the Knight moving deeper into the warren. Both men are quickly dirty and covered in rat droppings. Piles of grain, likely from the feed store can be seen tucked into corners here and there in the warren. Bedding assembled from straw and rat fur is also scattered about.

Attachments

• Sewers.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul in sewer 3

Scotley said:
Torch in hand, Raul makes his way down the narrow sewer passage without falling. The slow flow of water and sewage is in the middle of the passage and with some difficulty Raul can walk with his feet far apart and avoid the worst of the filth. He manages to work his way 40' down the passage were he can see another hole in the wall very much like the one Alarion entered. There is a flicker of torch light coming from the hole. He thinks he might have heard a noise from the hole, but he isn't sure. There is a little disturbance in the water and filth near the hole suggesting something came this way, perhaps coming from or going into the hole recently. A little further down is another sewer grate leading to the surface.

Raul waves the torch back and forth towards Soulfetter. Holding the torch away from Soulfetter, Raul motions towards the hole and then with a hitchhiker thumb motion over his right shoulder, moves his right arm in an upwards sliding motion until it points toward the sewer grate in the ceiling.

Raul thinks to himself,"That's sure to confuse the issue! I guess I could just yell."

Raul continues down the sewer passage to the hole, holding back away from the hole and peering in as he moves in a small arc around the hole. Raul will quickly look left down the passage towards the sewer grate and beyond before moving in closer to the hole to investigate the flickering light and where the hole leads.

[sblock=rolls] spot check = 24
listen check = 14
balance check = 28
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Raul finds himself staring into the rat warren. A dirty Alarion is crawling toward you. Glancing up through the sewer grate, Raul sees the street on the opposite block behind the feedstore and dry goods shop.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

As his compatriots seem to scatter about the sewers, Moru twists up his lip.

"You know, I think I'll stick with the book for now," he says, moving toward where Thea has the manuscript.

"Do we want to reach in the pockets, or wait until we're up top where we can dump them out on the ground without worrying about losing them in the filth?"

Remove ads