Constables of the 14th Ward

Lou

Explorer
Raul

Leif said:
Almost everyone is ready and gathered now, you're just waiting for the last stragglers to join you so that you can begin your cross-city trek. Jonas remembers that you will not be permitted on the understreet conveyances armed and armored as you are, so you'll be forced to hoof it.

Raul muses, "It's too bad we can't get a private train to Goblin Station from here. That would get us closer to Goblintown before we start attracting major attention.

We need to cover up the hardware with cloaks. Otherwise, we may attract the early attention of someone associated with our kidnappers, or worse, someone just looking for trouble.

Anyone got any ideas?

Wally, do you have a hooded cloak you can hide under? You really don't want to be seen with us in full armor.
"

OOC: So what's the situation with constables on the streets fully armed? Is there some standard procedure, or do we just cover up and hope no one notices and makes a big deal out of it?

Leif

Adventurer
Lou said:
Raul muses, "It's too bad we can't get a private train to Goblin Station from here. That would get us closer to Goblintown before we start attracting major attention.
We need to cover up the hardware with cloaks. Otherwise, we may attract the early attention of someone associated with our kidnappers, or worse, someone just looking for trouble.
Wally, do you have a hooded cloak you can hide under? You really don't want to be seen with us in full armor.
"
OOC: So what's the situation with constables on the streets fully armed? Is there some standard procedure, or do we just cover up and hope no one notices and makes a big deal out of it?
OOC: The arms/armor issue was dicussed in some detail early on. Check the wiki, there may be some information there somewhere. In general, the "deal" is that you can't be fully armed just walking around the city. The exception is for those who either have just arrived in Lauralie Summerhome or those who are on their way out of the city, because such people can't reasonably be expected to remove armor and carry it with them. Also, there has been a ruling that anything further underground than the Understreets is considered to be outside the city limits of Lauralie Summerhome, and this includes almost all of the 13th Ward. So, since your destination is ostensibly outside the city, you think, you should be okay this time. You may, however, be questioned by the occasional constable, but surely you know how to deal with that?

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Moru rejoins the others, slightly out of breath, morupink at the cheeks.

"Sorry," he says sheepishly. "You know how Iggy hates when we dirty the uniforms, so I thought I'd put on some travelling clothes, then on the way here, I saw the most fascinating rodent with two tails, and wound up getting myself all turned around and lost following it to see if it was a mutation or a new species," his embarrasment suddenly lost in his curiosity, he frowns. "Still don't know, unfortunately. Lost the little bugger's trail."

[sblock=OOC]Moru's in his explorer's outfit now, though he's still got his truncheon and badge on him. Sorry about the delay; I can't get on as much over the weekends.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=jkason] No problem Jason, real life does have an annoying way of getting in the way of gaming at times, doesn't it? ;) [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Properly armed and equiped the constables are finally ready to venture into the 12th and beyond. Raul's concerns about Wally are groundless. The fellow doesn't seem to care for the bright light of the sunny summer morn and he is indeed covered with a large hooded cloak. The stroll over to the 12th is pleasant enough, but the sight of so many armed and armored constables does attract some notice and set jaws wagging. Making your way across the 14th is easy enough. There are no guards to keep you from entering the 12th, though on your own side there are constables who keep an eye on undesirables from the 12th coming into the 14th. They nod as you pass obviously curious, but unwilling to ask what's going on. The transition from the 14th is always a shock. While the 14th is hardly the nicest or best maintained ward in the city, its proximity to the 12th still makes it look pretty good. Naked goblin children cavort in muddy streets where cobbles have long since been stolen to shore up sagging dwellings. The smells here are even more unpleasant than those of the 14th. A few bands of toughs eye you with interest, but the size and armament of your group keeps them at bay, at least as long as you stick to major streets. As you pass the market hawkers try hard to interest you with their wares. Wally keeps his head down and his pace steady saving you from sales pitches as you stuggle to keep up in the throng of people.

OOC: Spot checks everyone.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

In spite of his huge bulk, SoulFetter moves more gracefully on the rough streets than one would expect - growing up on the icy slopes south of Lauralie Summerhome taught him much about keeping his footing. Being very suspicious of Wally, SoulFetter decides to take up the rear in this little hike.

Can't let anything distract me - I just know that little rat's gonna try to pull something.

OOC:
[sblock]Spot Check (1d20-1=5)

If the spot check is for something Wally's gonna do, let me know and I'll modify my post so that SoulFetter's watching the surroundings he misses Wally's 'whatever.'[/sblock]

xedr

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Spot check (1d20+2=12)[/sblock] Darius is near the front of the pack, trying to engage Prince Alphonsus in conversation. [highlight]"Great weather for a rescue mission, don't ya think Prince Wally?"[/highlight]

Remove ads