Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
xedr said:
[sblock=ooc]Spot check (1d20+2=12)[/sblock] Darius is near the front of the pack, trying to engage Prince Alphonsus in conversation. [highlight]"Great weather for a rescue mission, don't ya think Prince Wally?"[/highlight]
Wally grumbles, "Ugh! Hurts my eyes!" as he squints against the bright sunlight.

Scotley

Hero
You make your way to the edge of the market toward the main street leading to the area of the 12th known as 'The Smithy'. On this warm summer day there are a lot of people--mostly goblins, some hobgoblins, a bugbear, and a few humans and a handful of other races--moving in and out of the market. Wally heads for the street with Darius at his side and the rest party trails behind in twos and threes.

OOC: Here's the deal, you may read the result that corresponds to your spot check roll and any lower numbered results, so for example if you rolled a '7' you can read the one marked 6-11 and the one marked 1-5, but you may not look at the ones labled 12-16 or any higher number. Be honest, no peeking, its more fun that way. :)

1-5 [sblock]You are walking along trying to keep an eye on Wally when you think to yourself 'hey I never noticed that freckle on the back of my hand before'.[/sblock]

6-11 [sblock]Wally seems to be behaving himself as you keep a close eye on him. He watches the crowd around him somewhat nerviously and seems eager to get down to the old understreet station.[/sblock]

12-16 [sblock]You glance down and see a loose copper piece on the ground, two goblins spot it at the same time and dive for it. They wrestle briefly before one manages to get a knee into the other's groin and latch his grubby fingers on the coin. He dances away clutching the coin as if it is a precious gem. The loser recieves a few kicks from passersby until he manages to struggle to his feet and limp away. Life is tough in the 12th.[/sblock]

17-22 [sblock]There are several suspecious looking characters in the crowd who seem to be examining the party with care as they move by in the press of people at the market. Keeping your attention focused on Wally you try to ignore them.[/sblock]

23-25 [sblock]A passing goblin's hand flashes out to grab a rolled up paper from Andrew's pouch and deftly slips it into a knapsack under the goblin's cloak. He moves on quickly in the press of people.[/sblock]

26-28 [sblock]The goblin pick pocket is wearing a russet cloak over tan breaches and a leather jerkin.[/sblock]

29-30 [sblock]The goblin thief has a scar on his left temple just in front of his ear.[/sblock]

31+ [sblock]A couple of other similarly dressed fellows seem to intentionally crowd into the wake of the pick pocket who ducks low and heads for an archway between rows of stalls.[/sblock]

Actions?

Scotley

Hero
pathfinderq1 said:
Unarmored and lightly built, Thea is nearly hidden in the mass of heavily-armed constables. Nevertheless, she seems quite observant- perhaps the excitement of the unusual excursion focused her attention.

OOC: [sblock]Spot check (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1217250)[/sblock]

OOC: I can't seem to access Thea's roll. Please include your character name in future rolls. Unless you can come up with a link that works, I'll need a new roll.

xedr

First Post
Darius agrees [highlight]"Yes, it is abnormally bright today. So, Wally, do you live here in the city? And are you really the son of a powerful chieftan?"[/highlight]

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOPS- fixed

Scotley said:
OOC: I can't seem to access Thea's roll. Please include your character name in future rolls. Unless you can come up with a link that works, I'll need a new roll.

OOC: [sblock]fixed the link in the original post- I had accidentally included the closing parenthesis, which was mucking up the url. Roll is 21 [/sblock]

Maeglin

First Post
Rahvin , conscious of suspicious eyes on the Constables, stays alert for the possibility of an ambush.

I doubt these orcs would have spies this far out of the 13th... but perhaps our friend Thornapple is hiding out there.

Rahvin tightens his cloak around him, wishing he'd bought some metal armor for an expedition like this.

Speed and agility will have to suffice, I guess, he thinks to himself.

At least I managed to pick up three more oil flasks for my lanthorn...

[sblock=spot check]Spot check on the streets (1d20+7=22) [/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Raul in 12th Ward #2

With Darius conversing with Wally, Raul will let his eyes dart back and forth from Wally to those in the crowd as the group moves through the 12th Ward.

Remove ads