Constables of the 14th Ward

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"Wally, do these 'Healing Mushrooms' have any other effects on the consumer? I'd hate to find myself incapacitated down here because I ate something that disagrees with my delicate constitution."

Scotley

Hero
The large damp natural cave seems to have held some sort of wooden structure once long ago. Water drips down the walls here and with a little effort you could catch some to fill water skins or have a drink. The collapsed wood has provided an excellent growth medium for some sort of fungus. They look like traditional Morels. The only thing that distinguishes one from another is a little dusting of color. Some have gray (like the picture), others have scarlet, yellow, or blue dust. Imature ones are white and Wally says that these are bitter and provide no curing. He says that if you keep them in a damp sack they'll keep for 3 days. Wally has only tried the gray and the yellow. In response to Soulfetter's question he replies that "yeah, those gray ones are okay, they make you feel full too. The yellow ones seem to offer the best curing, but they also make you feel kinda funny, like a couple of mugs of ale. And don't eat too many of any of them or you'll get a raging case of the runs. I try not to eat much more than a handful (limit of 8 in a day). I've not tried the other ones, but I've heard that they can do strange things."

OOC: Those of you picking mushrooms make a Search check:
[sblock=Results]1-5 You find 1d6 gray mushrooms.
6-10 You find 2d4 gray mushrooms and on a d6 1-2=2 scarlet, 3-4=2 yellow, 5=1 green, 6=1 pink.
11-15 You find 3d4 gray mushrooms, and roll 2d8 (consider each roll seperately rather than cumulatively) 1-2=2 scarlet, 3-4=2 yellow, 5=1 green, 6=1 pink, 7=1 blue, 8=1 pink, one blue and one yellow.
16-20 You find 3d6 gray mushrooms and roll 3d8 (consider each roll seperately rather than cumulatively) 1-2=2 scarlet, 3-4=2 yellow, 5=1 green, 6=pink, 7=1 blue, 8=1 pink, one blue and one yellow.
21+ You find 3d6+2 gray mushrooms and roll 4d8 (consider each roll seperately rather than cumulatively) 1-2=1d4 scarlet, 3-4=1d4 yellow, 5=a pink and a blue, 6=1 pink, 7=1 blue, 8=1 pink, one blue and one yellow. [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Mowgli said:
"Wally, do these 'Healing Mushrooms' have any other effects on the consumer? I'd hate to find myself incapacitated down here because I ate something that disagrees with my delicate constitution."

Moru chuckles, looking around. "Well, as Thea pointed out, we're down some mobile healing. I might take a stomachache over a seeping wound in most cases. I suppose we can always test 'em on Wally first, anyway," he says with a mischievous wink.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Here's a picture of the mushrooms.

Attachments

• morchella_angusticeps.jpg
    morchella_angusticeps.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 55

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Scotley said:
The large damp natural cave seems to have held some sort of wooden structure once long ago. Water drips down the walls here and with a little effort you could catch some to fill water skins or have a drink. The collapsed wood has provided an excellent growth medium for some sort of fungus. They look like traditional Morels. The only thing that distinguishes one from another is a little dusting of color. Some have gray (like the picture), others have scarlet, yellow, or blue dust. Imature ones are white and Wally says that these are bitter and provide no curing. He says that if you keep them in a damp sack they'll keep for 3 days. Wally has only tried the gray and the yellow. In response to Soulfetter's question he replies that "yeah, those gray ones are okay, they make you feel full too. The yellow ones seem to offer the best curing, but they also make you feel kinda funny, like a couple of mugs of ale. And don't eat too many of any of them or you'll get a raging case of the runs. I try not to eat much more than a handful (limit of 8 in a day). I've not tried the other ones, but I've heard that they can do strange things."

Moru's eyes light up at the prospect of "strange things," and he wades into the field. Retbi, something apparently catching his eye, climbs out of the backpack, and leads the wizard to a few of the more colorful mushrooms. With an approving chitter, Moru adds them to his haul.

[sblock=OOC]Moru Search
Retbi Search
Moru finds 5 grays
Retbi finds 3 grays and 2 scarlets[/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Last edited:

Remove ads