Constables of the 14th Ward

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"Come along, Wally, and get suited up!"

SoulFetter dons the makeshift harness and prepares for the descent.

"Maybe two (or even three) should hold the rope for my descent - I don't plan on falling, of course, but I don't know if the world could stand the loss of such a magnificent creature as myself were I to plummet to the bottom. Wherever that is."

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

As the party prepares to descend Andrew will step forward and speak to Soulfetter quietly and press something into his hand. Then he will slowly turn towards the party and say "I'm sorry gentlemen, I can not do this" He will then walk quietly away from the party until he disappears from view.

For Soulfetter
[sblock]I am sorry Soulbinder my heart is no longer in this and I feel i am more destined to quiet prusuites. should you need me or my case notes you know where to reach me and i ask that you give this to Ironshirt. Thank you for all you have done for me and the intimidating prescence you have lent in trying situations." Andrew will then hand Soulbinder his bronze badge.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

After reading the letter, SoulFetter tucks it away in his pack for safekeeping.

"Farewell, Andrew - it's been an honor."

He turns to the rest of the group.

"It seems we will be without our archivist and researcher. I think Iggy won't be pleased, and I appear to be nominated to be the bearer of bad news. On the bright side, maybe we'll die down here and save Iggy the trouble of drawing and quartering me. Ready, fellas?"

Lou

Explorer
Raul at the hole 2

J. Alexander said:
As the party prepares to descend Andrew will step forward and speak to Soulfetter quietly and press something into his hand. Then he will slowly turn towards the party and say "I'm sorry gentlemen, I can not do this" He will then walk quietly away from the party until he disappears from view.

Raul will stare with the others as Andrew passes out the door into the darkness. Andrew's actions place Raul in a daze that is snapped by Soulfetter's words. Turning back to Wally, Raul says, "Get ready to follow the Goliath and show him which tunnel to take."

"We have a halfling to rescue."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Lou said:
over the restraint of Darius' arrowheads. Better resecure the door
OOC: Actually, your friendly (and all-powerful) DMs knew about this slightly before Darius secured the door, so Andrew left first and then Darius "locked" the door behind him. Even though we all had a minor mass hallucination at first that the order of those events was reversed.

OOC: Andrew, we'll all miss you greatly! If at any future time you wish to rejoin the group, we'll gladly welcome you back (and make up some reasonably plausible story about where you've been and how you gained sufficient experience to still be on par with the rest of the party). Scotley and I owe much to Andrew, tis true, but we will extend the same courtesy to any of the rest of you who face unforeseen circumstances and require a hiatus. We're all one big, moderately happy (most of the time) enWorld family now!

OOC: Now .... about that halfling.....

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

Alarion stands quietly as Andrew departs, completely surprised by the unexpected loss. He moves to help Darius with Soulfetter's rope. "Worry not, friend. Darius and I should be quite able to help in your descent."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea pauses in her preparations long enough to watch Andrew depart. The situation they are about to undertake, however, seems to have monopolized the majority of her thoughts and she quickly returns to her task. A moment later, though, she turns a worried gaze to the now-secured door. "While Moru and I are both scholars, and can cover for at least some of Constable Dresden's academic knowledge, I feel I ought to point out that he was also our main source of healing, so we will need to be extra careful down there."

xedr

First Post
[highlight]"Well geez, Andrew, if you're afraid of the hole, you can stay here and keep the rope safe from passers-by... No? Well, no hard feelings then. I'll see you around."[/highlight] Darius secures the door after Andrew leaves, and grabs SoulFetter's harness rope with Alarion, ready to lower away. [highlight]"So who's got Wally's safety rope?'[/highlight]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
xedr said:
Darius secures the door after Andrew leaves, and grabs SoulFetter's harness rope with Alarion, ready to lower away. [highlight]"So who's got Wally's safety rope?'[/highlight]

"I've got it," replies Raul. "Jonas, how about giving me a hand here? When the time comes, you should fit Bruno with the other harness, and we can lower the two of you at the same time. You and Darius are our rope experts. How should we handle the rope when I descend? Are we leaving it in place, or is the rope tied to come loose somehow after we are all down?"

Remove ads