• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Scotley

Hero
Calling Jonas and Rahvin...

OOC: I'd really like to get things moving. I'm sure Alarion and Darius are tired of being paralyzed...

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Scotley said:
Moru cocks his head to the side and smiles. He pulls a piece of spider webbing from his belt pouch. "Let's see how you like it when you can't move," he says, tossing the web in the air and spitting out a phrase in Sylvanoptera. Defying logic, the web shoots down the hall as if it were a sling stone, not a flimsy filigree at the mercy of the wind. It arcs to the top of the cube, then grows at an explosive rate, filling the corridors in all directions with giant strands of webbing. "Get out your fire, boys."
His glee is short lived. The webs shoot forth and wrap around the cube, but its great bulk causes the strands to groan and snap. The also begin to dissolve in the acid that coats the cube. It continues toward the party with hardly a hesitation.

Moru stares, mouth agape. "Huh?" is all he can manage for a moment. "Magic webbing's vulnerable to fire, sure, but acid? And I could have sworn it was stronger than ... " He shakes his head, clearing out the disbelief, and fires his crossbow, retreating back around the corner to reload and hoping his companions have the presence of mind to also keep out of reach of the paralytic cube.

[sblock=OOC]Of course I get a crit range roll vs. a critter that's immune to them. :(

Attack 25, damage 8

Then a full 30' move back around the corner so he'll be able to reload if need be.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Scotley said:
OOC: I'd really like to get things moving. I'm sure Alarion and Darius are tired of being paralyzed...

OOC: Sorry, another class started and has had me swamped.

Jonas watches the feeble attempts of the group, hoping Soulfetter can do enough damage in time. Still, caution is the watchword, so Jonas picks up the still rigid form of Darius and starts to move him to a safer position before returning to drag Alarion

Scotley

Hero
Thea fired off another force bolt from her wand. It looked like they had another few moments before the cube advanced far enough to threaten the intersection- hopefully her companions wouldn't get caught up in its path. The force missile cause the great gelatinous mass to quiver slightly, but it does not slow.
Raul buries two more shuriken in the cube as it advances.
SoulFetter tosses his bow behind and picks up his axe from where he left it lying, meeting the Cube's inexorable advance with a crescent swing, putting all of his considerable strength into the blow. The axe cuts deep into the cube and a huge slice is hewn out, but the cube is still moving forward.
Not eager to be engulfed again, Wally tosses another blade into the advancing cube and falls back.
Moru stares, mouth agape. "Huh?" is all he can manage for a moment. "Magic webbing's vulnerable to fire, sure, but acid? And I could have sworn it was stronger than ... " He shakes his head, clearing out the disbelief, and fires his crossbow, retreating back around the corner to reload and hoping his companions have the presence of mind to also keep out of reach of the paralytic cube. The bolt sinks deep into the cube.
Jonas watches the feeble attempts of the group, hoping Soulfetter can do enough damage in time. Still, caution is the watchword, so Jonas picks up the still rigid form of Darius and starts to move him to a safer position before returning to help Rahvin drag Alarion into the barracks room with Bruno in tow.
Soulfetter finds himself in the unenviable position of standing alone against the cube as it reaches (1d20+3=15) for the Urgant, but the big guy slips out of reach.

[sblock=Soulfetter]The cube is going to roll over Soulfetter. He can either take an attack of opportunity and be engulfed. He will then save to avoid being paralyzed, but he will be considered gappled and take acid damage. He can not take the attack and then get a DC:13 reflex save to just be pushed back. What's your choice? Please either roll the attack and a DC:20 fort save vs. the paralysis or skip the attack and roll the DC:13 reflex save.[/sblock]

OOC: Please let me resolve the situation with Soulfetter before you all act.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Fenris said:
OOC: Sorry, another class started and has had me swamped.

Jonas watches the feeble attempts of the group, hoping Soulfetter can do enough damage in time. Still, caution is the watchword, so Jonas picks up the still rigid form of Darius and starts to move him to a safer position before returning to drag Alarion

OOC: I do understand. I've been rather busy myself. Glad to have you back.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"Get Darius and Alarion back! I'll try to hold it off!"

SoulFetter stands bravely in the way of the advancing cube, swinging his axe again in an attempt to slay the thing before it can reach his companions.

[sblock=Die Rolls]To Hit, Damage, and Fortitude Save (1d20+9=12, 3d6+5=11, 1d20+9=17)

The odds of making the Fortitude save were better than those of making the Reflex save, expecially when combined with the chance to kill the thing. Unfortunately, the save woudn't have panned out either way. Just have to hope the damage was enough . . .

Besides, running from a fight just isn't the Urgant way![/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Victory!

This time the Urgant's axe shatters whatever cohesive force keeps the cube whole. It collapses into another great puddle of goo. The cube gives up its treasure, this time there are 60 gold coins inside.

OOC: Spot checks for everyone please and actions for the next round.

[sblock=Spot Checks over 15]A violet garnet lays among the goo and gold.[/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Raul spot check and move

Scotley said:
OOC: Spot checks for everyone please and actions for the next round.

Raul ignores the remains of the cube and glides past the goo on the floor, moving towards the intersection to stand guard for more foes. Raul holds the sunrod high in one hand and draws a shuriken in the other.

[sblock=OOC]spot check after cube2 (1d20+8=12)

I was already working on what to do if Soulfetter got paralyzed, but sticking his hands, knees, elbows, and feet into the cube was not appealing...[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter stands at the edge of the goop, legs braced, axe raised, and eyes wide at the near encounter with gelatinization. He slowly lowers the axe and slows his breathing, gradually regaining awareness of his surroundings.

[sblock=Spot Check]1d20-1=1[/sblock]

Remove ads