• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

construct an uber archer

werk

First Post
Come on, that's an awesome first post! Like taking your friend's crazy aunt to the prom.

crazy_aunt.jpg

Darklone

Given the nice number of new splatbooks that are available in the meantime... I guess the builds here are pretty boring now.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
What book is the PrC Order of the Bow from? (and some of the others)
Can you describe some of these feats you're using?

You've got my curiosity up. An archer who can sneak attack with a bow? An archer who can do over 100 hp of damage per round?
I'm curious as to the exact build, but I'm so rusty on 3E/3.5E I'm not familiar with the classes and feats you're describing.

Darklone

Edena_of_Neith said:
What book is the PrC Order of the Bow from? (and some of the others)
Can you describe some of these feats you're using?

You've got my curiosity up. An archer who can sneak attack with a bow? An archer who can do over 100 hp of damage per round?
I'm curious as to the exact build, but I'm so rusty on 3E/3.5E I'm not familiar with the classes and feats you're describing.
Ranger17/Scout3 with Swift Hunter, Improved Skirmish and Greater Manyshot tops 100 points of damage per round easily.

Add in some swift spells from SpC ... there is one that adds a third of your char level as sneak attack ... and another one that allows sneak attacks at any range.

If you find a way to combine them or use one at less than 30 feet:
5*(bow damage +7d6 skirmish +6d6 sneak attack) with skirmisher boots.

Add in Favored Enemy... ;)

Andras

Explorer
Elf Generalist Wizard 10
Thaumaturgist 5 (entry requirements completely overlapped by Archmage)
Arcane Archer 2
Archmage 3

You don't shoot people, you drop nuclear bombs on them.

Kat'

First Post
Darklone said:
Ranger17/Scout3 with Swift Hunter, Improved Skirmish and Greater Manyshot tops 100 points of damage per round easily.

Actually Ranger 16 / Scout 4 grants you a bonus feat and 1 extra point of base Reflex save, in exchange for HiPS. It's worth a try, I'd say.

Andras said:
Elf Generalist Wizard 10
Thaumaturgist 5 (entry requirements completely overlapped by Archmage)
Arcane Archer 2
Archmage 3

You don't shoot people, you drop nuclear bombs on them.

Why not simply go spellcaster then? You got a BAB of +10 with this build, crappy skill points, hit points, and saves... wow, impressive for an archer.

Thaumaturgist requires Spell focus (Conj.)
AA requiers Weapon Focus, Point Blank Shot, and Precise Shot
Archmage requires another Spell Focus, and Skill Mastery (Spellcraft)

Meaning you only got your 18th level feat slot left to actually start taking useful feats... compared to a Ftr/Ranger/Scout this kinda sucks.

My suggestion for an archer is Ftr 4/Scout 3/Rgr 13. The reason you take Ftr 4 and thus sacrifice 1d6 worth of Skirmish is Weapon Specialization, which gives you access to Ranged Weapon Mastery. Both feats together mean +2 to hit and +4 to damage, IMO beating the extra 1d6 skirmish.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
There was a build on the Wizard's CO boards a while back that could reliably make shots out so far he required a diviner to spot targets for him. Let me go looking through and see if I can find it again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads