• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Construct, Golem, or Simulacra.

SSuser

Explorer
It's a long story. So, I'll make it short. Is there any material (preferably D20) out there for a PC to play a half-golem? I will be a human with replaced golem limbs, due to injury. I don't know yet what type they will be clockwork, flesh, or other. I am looking for anything like a magic items, prestige classes, templates, or whatever. Thanks in advance.

SS

Starbuck_II

First Post
It's a long story. So, I'll make it short. Is there any material (preferably D20) out there for a PC to play a half-golem? I will be a human with replaced golem limbs, due to injury. I don't know yet what type they will be clockwork, flesh, or other. I am looking for anything like a magic items, prestige classes, templates, or whatever. Thanks in advance.

SS
Sword and Fist have the Arm of Nym (need to lose an arm to use).

Dragonwriter

First Post
Yes, it is in the back of Monster Manual 2. The only choices it gives you, though, are flesh, clay, stone and iron. Each of them have their own special abilities, but I don't recall seeing it give a LA for the template... I may have missed it, but I don't remember seeing one.

Be aware that each one has drawbacks. Flesh and Clay, for example, each go berserk the FIRST time they take damage in combat. And they stay that way for the rest of combat. Rather a hazardous ability, especially since you can't try to end it and you keep fighting until eihter your enemy or you are dead.

skelso

First Post
Those who replied with Monster Manual II are correct. I would only add that you can download the 3.5 update file to get the appropriate level adjustment and other rule changes.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Those who replied with Monster Manual II are correct. I would only add that you can download the 3.5 update file to get the appropriate level adjustment and other rule changes.

Actually, the 3.5 update enhancement doesn't give level adjustments for those templates. It's irking; apparently, they're not considered to be suitable for PCs.

Voadam

Legend
More options

Complete Guide to Drow by Goodman Games also has artificial limb grafts I believe. Things like moving adamantine arms, etc.

Torn Asunder by Bastion Press has rules for non tech stump grafts like Captain Hook has IIRC.

I think Libris Mortis has rules for undead grafts Fiend Folio has ones for fiendish grafts, and Lords of Madness has icky bio grafts.

Arms of the Stonedowns I believe is the name of a Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics (somewhere in the 40s I believe) where the NPCs have golemish limb grafts.

The Atlas Games book Touched by the gods has a template and cult for transforming body parts into gearwork/golemcraft.

Angrydad

First Post
Star Wars d20 has various artificial limbs and other organs listed in the Hero's Guide (I think) or in the core book. Just modify the substance they're made from and you could have magic replacements.

Remove ads