• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Construct maker

Iku Rex

Explorer
Marshall said:
I know theres a WotC book out there with some new low-level golems...One was a bird and another looked like it had piledrivers for arms(and I'm not confusing things with Rumble), but I'll be darned if I can find them.
Complete Warrior (118+), "Guardian Familiars". They're expensive and require the Craft Construct and Improved Familiar feats.

Sil

First Post
Jack Simth said:
Probably a stupid question.... but how early could, say, an Artificer or a Warlock start crafting golems? Fake the spells via UMD for the crafting pre-requisites, then you just need the appropriet feats.....
Artificers can do it 2 levels earlier than expected.

Remember CL is not a crafting prerequesite.

Marshall

First Post
Iku Rex said:
Complete Warrior (118+), "Guardian Familiars". They're expensive and require the Craft Construct and Improved Familiar feats.

Actually, they require CC. If you want to make one your familiar, then they require IF.

CC is a stupid feat, get your DM to dump it and replace with CWI and CMA&A.

Iku Rex

Explorer
Marshall said:
Actually, they require CC. If you want to make one your familiar, then they require IF.
The "Construction" notes all talk about "the master" creating the familiar, and you can't even start crafting one if you already have a guardian familiar. It seems fairly clear that you can only make one as your familiar and that requires Improved Familiar. (Even if it's not listed as a formal prerequisite.)

Sil

First Post
Thanks for the clarification.
MM Golems have both a "CL" and the specific explicit requirement "caster must be ..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads