• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Contacting Jamis Buck

Erratic K

First Post
Jamis Buck

works for 37 signals now... I believe he has no interest in that NPC Generator anymore.

You can get more info and find his email and weblog and stuff by googling:

"jamis buck 37signals"

Unless your email is about ruby on rails, basecamp or some business offer, I doubt you'll hear anything from him. interesting guy though.

I don't know him, but I followed his work on the NPC Generator, then I crossed paths because my work is with networks and web companies. I followed 37signals, ruby on rails and saw Jamis was working for them.

-E

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
was there a falling out, or did he just get sick of the whole generator and/or 3E thing?

BSF

Explorer
I think he just ended up in a position where his paying projects were requiring more energy. And since he had recently expanded his family, he chose to focus his energies toward work rather than play.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Yeah, he had recently had a child, and between work and that, his free time just became much more limited.

Even so, Jamis was always a lot more conceptual in his thinking and tinkering. I could never have seen him working for PCGen or DMGenie. I think he enjoyed the challenge of coming up with a decent way to represent the 3E rules, but once he did I think he was more interested in moving on to other projects.

I still have his generators bookmarked, I love the treasure and town generators.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads