• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

conversion assistance needed

OzDragon

First Post
I'm horrible at converting things from xx to 5e.

If someone could assist me please I need the Bebilith from 3.5 converted to 5e for this weekends game. I know it's short notice and I'm sorry!

Also if possible could the one who does upgrade it to CR 17-18 ish please.

Thanks in advance.

Tormyr

Hero
I'm horrible at converting things from xx to 5e.

If someone could assist me please I need the Bebilith from 3.5 converted to 5e for this weekends game. I know it's short notice and I'm sorry!

Also if possible could the one who does upgrade it to CR 17-18 ish please.

Thanks in advance.

A quick and dirty conversion. The body configuration doesn't really lend it to doing more than 3 attacks. As such this would fit nicely into being a CR 11 monster. Fitting it to CR 17 means giving it even more attacks to do even damage, or turning it into a bag of hit points, which can slow down combat if you do not have some heavy hitters. It is also vulnerable to banishment (even with magic resistance). I lowered the bag of hit points syndrome by giving it legendary resistance (I assume the elevated CR means this is a "boss"), and an extra claw attack as a legendary action.

Bebilith
Huge fiend (demon), chaotic evil
Armor Class 19 (natural armor)
Hit Points 231 (22d12 + 88)
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
21(+5) 12(+1) 19(+4) 11(+0) 13(+1) 13(+1)
Saving Throws Str +11, Con +10, Wis +7, Cha +7
Skills Perception Athletics +11, +7, Stealth +7
Damage Resistances cold, lightning; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities fire, poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 17
Languages Abyssal, telepathy 120 ft.
Challenge 18 (20,000 XP)

Keen Senses. The bebilith has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight, hearing, or smell.

Low-Light Camouflage. Because of its mottled appearance, the bebilith has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide in natural terrain and may take the Hide action even when it is only lightly obscured.

Magic Resistance. The bebilith has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Actions
Multiattack. The bebilith makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 24 (3d12 + 5) piercing damage plus 14 (4d6) poison damage.

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 21 (3d10 + 5)

Legendary Actions.
The bebilith can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The bebilith regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
Skitter. The bebilith moves up to its speed without provoking opportunity attacks.
Claw (Costs 2 Actions). The bebilith makes one Claw attack.
Web (Costs 2 Actions). The bebilith fires a web at a creature within 30 feet. The creature must make a DC 18 Dexterity saving throw, becoming restrained in thick webbing on a failure. As an action, the restrained target can make a DC 18 Strength check, bursting the webbing on a success. The webbing can also be attacked and destroyed (AC 10; hp 14; vulnerability to fire damage; immunity to bludgeoning, poison, and psychic damage).

Last edited:

Remove ads