Level Up (A5E) Conversion rules?

Retreater

Legend
I am curious how well it works blending A5e classes and "classic" 5e classes in the same party. Like if I have a player who wants to use a A5e rogue and another player who wants to stick with a 5e cleric, are there any problems with that?

foxblade

Explorer
I am curious how well it works blending A5e classes and "classic" 5e classes in the same party. Like if I have a player who wants to use a A5e rogue and another player who wants to stick with a 5e cleric, are there any problems with that?
I have run 2 campaigns with blended parties and it works fine. For my next campaigns we are about to start though, it will be all a5e. The players saw the customizing capable in a5e and want it. All of them just didn't want to switch mid-campaign. I will say things like expertise die and skill specialties are annoying to track for some players and not others though (but you can mostly offload that to the players anyway).

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
I have run 2 campaigns with blended parties and it works fine. For my next campaigns we are about to start though, it will be all a5e. The players saw the customizing capable in a5e and want it. All of them just didn't want to switch mid-campaign. I will say things like expertise die and skill specialties are annoying to track for some players and not others though (but you can mostly offload that to the players anyway).
I assume you were using a5e versions of feats and spells etc in these combined parties?

Remove ads