• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Al-Qadim and Oriental Adventures creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think I'd go with Bluff, Disguise, Knowledge (any), Listen, Spot, all at 6 ranks.

Feats: Alertness, Persuasive, either Blind-Fight or Great Fort.

Maybe even as low as CR 4.

The rest is good.

freyar

Pretty good. Weight: 400 lb? That's scaling up the height of an annis hag.

Let's put in some HD advancement, too, actually, up to one less than the HD of an adult silat. So maybe 5-8 HD (Large) or by character class?

freyar

Noticed one more thing, then I'm ready to move to the adult: let's make the family organization (1-4 plus 1-4 ogre magi and 1 adult silat). Also, just noticed, in the third to last paragraph of the flavor text, it should be "monstrous feet" instead of "monstrous feat." :p

Shade

Monster Junkie
Great!

Let's see what differs for the adult.

They have 2 more Hit Dice.

They're smarter: High to Exceptional (13-16).

Damage is the same, so I'd assume Str is unchanged.

Height is 12-15' tall, which is still within the Large size range.

Spell resistance is better (55%).

Once silats reach adulthood (one to five centuries old), they can fully polymorph self at will. In addition, adult silats can cast polymorph other three times/day.

freyar

Back on the young silat, I goofed up. Advancement should just have been 8HD (Large). I also meant for organization to be solitary or family (...).

For the adult, leave physical stats the same and increase mental by 2 or 4? Maybe Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 19?

Ditch the "diminished" part and just give them Change Shape.

freyar

Yup, 3/day, CL 9? Not much else to do. We need one more feat. Deceitful would be the cheap one, but not nearly so effective as Multiattack would be. We can put 2 more ranks in each skill and go with Knowledge (any two) if we stick to Int 14.

Edit: Seems like we should also improve natural armor to +11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads