Converting Al-Qadim creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I could see encountering them with a very small entourage when encountered in a city meeting with their lords or other nobles.

Jann don't have their own language:

"Jann speak Common, one elemental language (Aquan, Auran, Ignan, or Terran) and one alignment language (Abyssal, Celestial, or Infernal)."

Number 6

First Post
Jann don't have their own language:

"Jann speak Common, one elemental language (Aquan, Auran, Ignan, or Terran) and one alignment language (Abyssal, Celestial, or Infernal)."
That's why I mentioned the specific Al-Qadim campaign... they speak Jannti the Al-Qadim campaign.

Cleon

Legend
Does this look good?

Inspire Troops (Ex): As a move action, a warmonger genie can use displays of military prowess to inspire courage in its allies and followers, bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. The effect lasts for as long as the ally can see or hear the warmonger genie and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Should the ally see the warmonger genie be defeated or slain, the morale bonus from this ability changes into a -2 morale penalty that lasts for 10 rounds. Inspire troops is a mind-affecting ability.

A warmonger genie can inspire allies of up to 7 HD. It can inspire a number of allies totalling 10 times its Hit Dice (150 HD for a standard warmonger genie).

Well I would have gone for HD less than the warmonger, but I'm OK with up to the warmonger's HD. It allows for an "equal comrades in arms" scenario.

Warmongers have 7 HD, not 15 so 10 times its Hit Dice would be 70.

Somewhere around 20-30 times its HD would suit me.

I like 25, so a standard Warmonger can have 175 HD of followers.

Cleon

Legend
Organization:
They should never be encountered as Solitary creatures... they should only be encountered with at least a squad, if not a company.

The "Organization: Solitary" and "No. Appearing: 1" in their Al-Qadim Appendix entry would appear to disagree with you.

That said, I would like to include a company-level organization in their entry, maybe something like:

Organization: Solitary, squad (1 plus 5-20 humanoid troops) or company (1 plus 20-160 humanoid troops)

Number 6

First Post
The "Organization: Solitary" and "No. Appearing: 1" in their Al-Qadim Appendix entry would appear to disagree with you.
It certainly does disagree with me. By it's role as a tasked genie (specifically developed as a leader of armies) players should never encounter the Warmonger as a single opponent.
That said, I would like to include a company-level organization in their entry, maybe something like:

Organization: Solitary, squad (1 plus 5-20 humanoid troops) or company (1 plus 20-160 humanoid troops)
Your "1 plus..." idea is in fact perfect.

Shade

Monster Junkie
That's why I mentioned the specific Al-Qadim campaign... they speak Jannti the Al-Qadim campaign.

We can put that in an underbar, then.

I'll agree with the rest, with one small quibble: If we state "humanoid troops", that seems to indicate they won't lead jann (outsiders), other genies (outsiders), or ogres (giants). How about we remove the "humanoid", and note in the flavor text the type of troops they may lead?

Number 6

First Post
Sure... take out the humanoid reference, and in the flavor text note that they may lead Giants, Humanoids, Monstrous Humanoids, and Outsiders.

Would Warmongers be able to lead Constructs such as golems or copper automatons? Fey? Perhaps Magical Beasts as auxiliary troops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads