Converting Al-Qadim creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think you're forgetting the bonus spell due to high Wis. But if you don't like remove curse, what about summon monster III?

Cleon

Legend
I think you're forgetting the bonus spell due to high Wis.

Dang it, I did.

But if you don't like remove curse, what about summon monster III?

I like it better than remove curse.

Although I'd also be tempted by a utility spell such as create food and water, prayer or protection from energy.

Hmm, prayer is tempting, and fits the "helping others" ethos they seem to follow.

So which do you prefer, prayer or summon monster III.

freyar

Prayer is a good choice! I wish I'd thought of that.

Didn't we agree on a dagger and sling as weapons?

And shouldn't her AC be higher, even if we don't add armor? As for armor, maybe some basic leather?

Cleon

Legend
Prayer is a good choice! I wish I'd thought of that.

Didn't we agree on a dagger and sling as weapons?

And shouldn't her AC be higher, even if we don't add armor? As for armor, maybe some basic leather?

I'd go for a spear and sling, since the original description has "They carry spears, darts, and slings, but may not wear armor or shields (even magical) heavier than hide".

Leather armour's fine by me, or we could upgrade to studded or hide.

freyar

Spear and sling it is. Hide armor will be ok, as she'd still be able to take advantage of her full Dex bonus.

freyar

No problem, I'm not exactly the Flash over here.

Skills: Heal, Profession (farming), and cross-class ranks in Survival or Handle Animal seem like thematic choices.

Cleon

Legend
No problem, I'm not exactly the Flash over here.

Skills: Heal, Profession (farming), and cross-class ranks in Survival or Handle Animal seem like thematic choices.

I'd throw in some ranks in Knowledge (nature) too, since her domains give her that as a class skill. She ought to have a bit of Knowledge (religion) too from all those years in the Temple of Winds.

Hold on. She's human, so should have 36 SPs instead of 27.

So, Knowledge (nature) at 5 ranks for the synergy bonus.
Max out Heal at 9 ranks?
Might as well put 5 ranks in Profession (farmer) and Knowledge (religion).
That's 24 ranks, which leaves 12, or enough for Handle Animal 3, Survival 3 as cross-class skills.

Hmm... I'm tempted to drop the Survival and give her Diplomacy 6 instead. Her Wisdom bonus and skill synergy are already enough to give her Survival +7 in aboveground environments.

Heck, let's give her 1 rank in Survival and cut the Profession (farmer) to 4 and make the Diplomacy 5 ranks, just enough for synergy.

Putting that together is:

Diplomacy 5 SPs, Handle Animal 6 SPs [3 ranks], Heal 9 SPs, Knowledge (nature) 5 SPs, Knowledge (religion) 5 SPs, Profession (farmer) 4 SPs, Survival 2 SPs [1 rank]

Which works out...

Skills: Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +14, Knowledge (nature) +6, Knowledge (religion) +6, Profession (farmer) +9, Survival +6 (+8 aboveground)

Remove ads