• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Same guy chiming in again, but I compared to the hydra and they don't gain much more beyond an additional attack at each increased CR. ;)
Note they also get +2 Str every other head/CR, +1 natural armor every head/CR, +1 fast healing each head/CR, and feats per HD. So we could stick with what I suggested or go with something more uniform, like +1 natural armor each time and +2 Str at 5 and 7 tendrils. I think I like what I put down, since it gives them a little extra (after all, they're not getting extra fast healing).

Shade

Monster Junkie
Note they also get +2 Str every other head/CR, +1 natural armor every head/CR, +1 fast healing each head/CR, and feats per HD. So we could stick with what I suggested or go with something more uniform, like +1 natural armor each time and +2 Str at 5 and 7 tendrils. I think I like what I put down, since it gives them a little extra (after all, they're not getting extra fast healing).

Look again...I think I already included all your suggestions. ;)

freyar

Look again...I think I already included all your suggestions. ;)
Wow, in on a weekend! ;)

Yeah, I saw that you had those suggestions. I was just saying that we could go for something more uniform like the hydra, but I think what I had worked about right.

Shade

Monster Junkie
However, Jakandor's arid bloodthorn is clearly based on the Planescape version. It shares much of the descriptive text, for one thing. It may indeed make sense to develop updates of the Planescape and Jakandor versions of the bloodthorn at the same time.

Shall we work on the Planescape version now?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Let’s look at the differences:

CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Outlands, Carceri, Abyss, Pandemonium
FREQUENCY: Common
ARMOR CLASS: 3

The vines are AC 3 (rather than 4)

Some flavor text differences about where they're found on the planes.

That's it! So...Extraplanar version sidebar, noting different Environment line and additional flavor text?

freyar

Yeah, maybe note that the extraplanar version has an extra +1 to natural armor, and that's it.

Just noticed that you still need to remove the line that arid bloodthorns can be killed by severing all tendrils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads