• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Epic Level Beings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
OK, updating...

only a few items remain (see if there are any others to deal with):

range on tremorsense - is there a standard, or should he have better than standard?

CR - 32 or 33?

treasure - double standard?

weight - i was going to make cronus the heaviest at 750,000, but then i got to thinking - wouldn't it make sense for crius to be the heaviest?

languages - is he fine with Abyssal, Common, Celestial, Draconic, and Giant?

this paragraph has a few values to fill in: At will, Crius can produce an effect like that of a reverse gravity spell (caster level Xth; Reflex save DC X), except that the range is X feet and it affects an area of up to X 10-foot cubes. If necessary, Crius can simply stack the cubes to reach a ceiling or other overhang, then use any remaining area to disrupt other opponents.

and please check to see that i got the spell-like ability DCs right. :D should be 10 + Cha (+10) plus spell level, so even i should have gotten it right. ;)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
another thing - on the bright side, the two remaning titans should be the weakest of the bunch - maybe they won't take as long as the others have. ;)

Filby

First Post
Rhea's not up for conversion?

Anyway, I think Coeus should prove pretty easy... he comes off to me as pretty much the token "greater-than-the-average-greater titan" and not much more.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Tremorsense most often is 60 feet, but I could see him having say, 120 ft., due to his incredibly sensitivity to gravity.

CR 33. His gravity powers are pretty powerful and can really alter the battlefield.

Double standard treasure is fine.

Yeah, make him the heaviest. Maybe 100,000 pounds?

Languages seem fine.

At will, Crius can produce an effect like that of a reverse gravity spell (caster level 25th; Reflex save DC 44), except that the range is 350 feet and it affects an area of up to ten 10-foot cubes. If necessary, Crius can simply stack the cubes to reach a ceiling or other overhang, then use any remaining area to disrupt other opponents.

Spell-like DCs look correct.

And with that, I think he's finished. :D

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Filby said:
Rhea's not up for conversion?

Anyway, I think Coeus should prove pretty easy... he comes off to me as pretty much the token "greater-than-the-average-greater titan" and not much more.

naw, I decided to nix on Rhea. We need to finish up these titans and move on – we’ve been on them since December and only have 5 finished. ;) got the Midgard Serpent next, and after that as far as I can tell we’ll be spending most of the rest of the year on archfiends. ;)

and yes, you’re right about Coeus. We’ll get to him next. And Epimetheus shouldn’t be that hard – he’ll be something like a “baby Prometheus”. ;) with only 40 HD each, these two will be the weakest of the bunch most likely.

Shade said:
Yeah, make him the heaviest. Maybe 100,000 pounds?

well, that would make him the lightest yet. ;) I decided to go with 800,000.

Updating in homebrews one more time… have another look just to be sure.

Could you help me spice up the italicized descriptive text? It’s the best I could think of. :p since the old DDG didn’t have a picture and I couldn’t find a picture of him on google…

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
naw, I decided to nix on Rhea. We need to finish up these titans and move on – we’ve been on them since December and only have 5 finished. ;) got the Midgard Serpent next, and after that as far as I can tell we’ll be spending most of the rest of the year on archfiends. ;)
That may be an understatement. :uhoh:

BOZ said:
well, that would make him the lightest yet. ;) I decided to go with 800,000.
Oops! I forgot a zero. ;)

BOZ said:
Could you help me spice up the italicized descriptive text? It’s the best I could think of. :p since the old DDG didn’t have a picture and I couldn’t find a picture of him on google…
Here's a try..

This colossal humanoid seems to bear more weight on his frame than his size would suggest. His skin is a dull gray, and his long gray beard seems to be pulled by invisible weights to almost touch the ground. His cloak, although dry, sags as if waterlogged.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
*exaggerated groan*

well, that means we have 10 more to add to the CC. :D and that also means i can get back to all the threads i've been all but ignoring... :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
here's our boy - the li'lest titan! :) (in fact, he's shorter, but more powerful overall, than a regular titan)

Titan, Greater, Coeus
Huge Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 40d8+680 (860 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 60 ft (12 squares)
Armor Class: 41 (-2 size, +5 Dex, +28 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 36
Base Attack/Grapple: +40/+66
Attack: +5 sword +61 melee (5d6+X)
Full Attack: +5 sword +61 melee (5d6+X)
Space/Reach: 15 ft/15 ft
Special Attacks: fear and/or frightful presence, spell-like abilities, spells
Special Qualities: damage reduction 10 or 15?/epic, darkvision 60 ft, spell resistance 36, shapechange
Saves: Fort +39 Ref +27 Will +33
Abilities: Str 47 Dex 20 Con 44 Int 35 Wis 32 Cha ?
Skills: 860
Feats: 7+7 epic

Environment: Tarterian Depths of Carceri
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: X
Treasure: Double standard?
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: ---
Level Adjustment: ---

This huge humanoid is horrifying in appearance.

Coeus is the embodiment of fear, and takes a great pleasure in frightening mortals quite literally to death.

Coeus is one of the original Titans born to Uranus and Gaea, and an older brother of Cronus.

Coeus fought alongside his brothers in the war against the Olympian gods, and was thus imprisoned along with them. Coeus’ temple is on the layer Minethys of Carceri.

Coeus is 21 feet tall and weighs X pounds.

Coeus speaks…

COMBAT

Coeus's natural weapons, as well as any weapons he wields, are treated as epic weapons for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Originally found in the first edition Deities and Demigods (1980, James M. Ward and Robert J. Kuntz).

COEUS (greater titan of fear)
FIGHTER: 16th level fighter
MAGIC-USER/ILLUSIONIST: 15th level magic-user

Coeus appears as a horrifying greater titan, and he kills by fear. All those that do not make their saving throw versus magic will be struck with a loss of 25% of their total original hit points every time they see him angry. Coeus can shape change at will.
When first coming within 20 yards of him, a saving throw vs. spells must be made or the being will die of fright! After that it is necessary to make a saving throw every 4 melee rounds or run in fear for 10 turns. He uses a +5 sword in battle that strikes for 5-30 points of damage. Coeus travels only at night and never fights during the day.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads