• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Epic Level Beings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Spell-Likes: bane, doom, weird.

Spells:
0 - detect magic, ghost sound, message, read magic, touch of fatigue
1 - ray of enfeeblement, reduce person, true strike
2 - hideous laughter, mirror image, touch of idiocy
3 - dispel magic, slow
4 - black tentacles, crushing despair, enervation, stoneskin
5 - dream, feeblemind, mind fog, prying eyes, waves of fatigue
6 - circle of death, eyebite, greater dispel magic, repulsion
7 - finger of death, project image, waves of exhaustion

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
posting in homebrews. :) haven’t really had a chance to work on stuff here today.

he's coming along pretty quickly – I’m surprised how easy he’s been, at least compared to some of the other titans. :)

Clifford

First Post
Originally Posted by Clifford
Oooh oooh oooh How about Symbol of fear as a spell like ability.

BOZ Said
noted, and welcome back cliff.

I cant remember if we have any more titans but can we do something other than a titan on the next conversion I need a break from titans i heard someone mention Jormundgand that sounds pretty bad ass.

cliff :D

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Cliff –

There’s only one more titan, Epimetheus, and I know what you mean. Jormy will be next after him, I promise! :) that one’s going to be a real challenge… ;)

Clifford

First Post
Alrighty than lets convert that sucker i have lots o ideas about jormy i figure about 75 hit dice for starters. (Figure thor has sixty and godlike powers) so jormy would need that many to stand a chance at ragnarock if he is fighting thor. but i am getting a little ahead of myself here on to the last titan.

cliff :D

Shade

Monster Junkie
I just looked him over in homebrews.

For weight, he is 4 feet taller than a standard titan, which weighs 14,000 pounds. Maybe Coeus can weigh 12,000 lbs?

For draining presence, how about 2d4 points of Con drain?

For lethal fright, any creature of 40 HD or less?

For alternate form, Huge should work. Caster level 25th like spell-likes?

For unnatural aura, how about 1 mile?

Feats: Ability Focus (draining presence), Cleave, Fear Focus (see below), Great Cleave, Greater Fear Focus (see below), Improved Critical (greatsword), Persuasive, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (phantasmal killer), Power Attack, Weapon Focus (greatsword).
Epic Feats: Epic Reputation, Epic Skill Focus (Intimidate), Devastating Critical (greatsword), Overwhelming Critical (greatsword)

I've noticed a trend of giving Spell Focus-like feats for descriptors in recent books and issues of Dragon. Since Coeus' fear spells seem to be of numerous schools, here's an attempt to give him an edge at casting fear spells.

Fear Focus [General]
You are especially gifted at casting spells with the fear descriptor.
Benefit: Any spells that you cast that have the fear descriptor gain a +1 bonus to their save DC. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by Spell Focus. You also gain a +1 bonus on all saving throws made against spells with the fear descriptor.

Greater Fear Focus [General]
You ability of casting spells with the fear descriptor has grown even more formidable.
Prerequisites: Fear Focus
Benefit: Any spells that you cast that have the fear descriptor gain a +1 bonus to their save DC. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by Fear Focus. You gain an additional +1 bonus on all saving throws made against spells with the fear descriptor.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
For weight, he is 4 feet taller than a standard titan, which weighs 14,000 pounds. Maybe Coeus can weigh 12,000 lbs?

if you'd said "4 feet smaller" that sentence would make a lot more sense. :D

For draining presence, how about 2d4 points of Con drain?

For lethal fright, any creature of 40 HD or less?

For alternate form, Huge should work. Caster level 25th like spell-likes?

bold and agressive, i like it! ;)

For unnatural aura, how about 1 mile?

that might be a bit much though...

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
if you'd said "4 feet smaller" that sentence would make a lot more sense. :D
You know, it really would. :p

BOZ said:
bold and agressive, i like it! ;)
:cool:

BOZ said:
that might be a bit much though...
Yeah, probably so. A spectre is only 30 feet. Perhaps GreyShadow's suggestion of line of sight, which would proably be sufficiently covered by 120 ft.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads