Converting Epic Level Creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Drop Glory, Good, and Sun domains, though, I guess. Could add in anything with appropriate descriptors to compensate, as Cleon suggests.

Cleon

Legend
This?

Master of Divine Magic (Sp): At will, a seraphim may use any core divine spell from the cleric spell list or the Fire, Glory, Good, or Sun domains as a spell-like ability, as long as it is not opposed in alignment. A seraphim may use any spell on the cleric spell list from a non-core source once per day (at the DM's discretion); these spells are rarer in the cosmos. The saving throw DC for such abilities is 21 + spell level (10 + spell level + seraphim's Wisdom bonus). Seraphs tend to favor spells such as blade barrier, holy aura, and holy smite.

Yeah, that looks great! Just swap in Air, Earth, Fire, or Water for the domains, and we're golden. :)

That looks a reasonable match to the original. We'll need to come up with 4 or so Domains for each. How about:

Fire Primelemental Domains: Creation (with flare instead of create water), Fire, Glory, Sun
Water Primelemental Domains: Creation, Water, Weather, plus 1 more?
Air Primelemental Domains: Air, Creation (with whispering wind instead of create water), Luck?, Weather
Earth Primelemental Domains: Creation (with magic stone instead of create water), Earth, Protection?, Strength

Shade

Monster Junkie
That looks a reasonable match to the original. We'll need to come up with 4 or so Domains for each. How about:

Fire Primelemental Domains: Creation (with flare instead of create water), Fire, Glory, Sun
Water Primelemental Domains: Creation, Water, Weather, plus 1 more?
Air Primelemental Domains: Air, Creation (with whispering wind instead of create water), Luck?, Weather
Earth Primelemental Domains: Creation (with magic stone instead of create water), Earth, Protection?, Strength

Where'd "primelemental" come from? :confused:

Glory won't work for Fire, since it is loaded with holy spells, and these fellas aren't good.

I'd be fine with just using Creation and the element in question, and allowing any other spell with the appropriate elemental descriptor. We could also drop the 4th domain from each, retaining a tighter theme on the domains allowed.

freyar

I think "primelemental" must be a mental copy/paste error. ;)

Let's just go with 3 domains for each. I like the substitutions in Creation, btw. Then allow anything with the right descriptor. Sounds good.

Cleon

Legend
Where'd "primelemental" come from? :confused:

Out of a combination of a twisted imagination and not being able to remember they're called Elemasters. :lol:

Glory won't work for Fire, since it is loaded with holy spells, and these fellas aren't good.

Yes, I thought you'd quibble about that. Well, you see they're really good at being Neutral...

I agree dropping the Domains to three is the way to go.

Originally I was aiming for 4 domains like the Master of Divine Magic example, but I could only get 3 domains I really liked for each element.

Unless you fancy creating a new Domain for each of them? :p

Fire Elemaster Domains: Creation (with flare instead of create water), Fire, Sun
Water Elemaster Domains: Creation, Water, Weather
Air Elemaster Domains: Air, Creation (with whispering wind instead of create water), Weather
Earth Elemaster Domains: Creation (with magic stone instead of create water), Earth, Strength

freyar

You know, I think that looks good as is, no need to make up new domains. ;)

I do like the idea of adding spells with appropriate descriptors, though.

Cleon

Legend
You know, I think that looks good as is, no need to make up new domains. ;)

I do like the idea of adding spells with appropriate descriptors, though.

So do I. Another thing I think we should do is explicitly block spells of the opposed element (e.g. no Water spells for the Fire elemaster and visa-versa).

How's this:

Master of Fire Magic (Sp): Elemasters can cast spells as spell-like abilities with a caster level of X. A fire elemaster can not cast spells that have the Water descriptor spell or are opposed in alignment. At will, a fire elemaster may use any spell that either has the Fire description, is a core divine spell from the cleric spell list or is in the Creation, Fire or Sun domains (its Creation domain has flare as the 1st level spell instead of create water). An elemaster may use any spell on the cleric spell list from a non-core source once per day (at the DM's discretion); these spells are rarer in the cosmos. The saving throw DC for these spells is Y + spell level (10 + spell level + elemaster's Charisma bonus). Fire elemasters tend to favor spells such as elemental swarm (fire), firestorm and meteor swarm.

Then we just need to swap the Domains, descriptors and favoured spells for the Air, Earth and Water versions.

Cleon

Legend
I like it! Now we just need to modify it to fit the Air Elemaster upon which we're currently working. ;)

Better to burn out than blow away!

I'll do you two better. It still needs a caster level and a save DC:

Master of Air Magic (Sp): Elemasters can cast spells as spell-like abilities with a caster level of X. An air elemaster can not cast spells that have the Earth descriptor spell or are opposed in alignment. At will, an air elemaster may use any spell that either has the Air description, is a core divine spell from the cleric spell list or is in the Creation, Air or Weather domains (its Creation domain has whispering wind as the 1st level spell instead of create water). An elemaster may use any spell on the cleric spell list from a non-core source once per day (at the DM's discretion); these spells are rarer in the cosmos. The saving throw DC for these spells is Y + spell level (10 + spell level + elemaster's Charisma bonus). Air elemasters tend to favor spells such as elemental swarm (air), control weather and whirlwind.

Master of Fire Magic (Sp): Elemasters can cast spells as spell-like abilities with a caster level of X. A fire elemaster can not cast spells that have the Water descriptor spell or are opposed in alignment. At will, a fire elemaster may use any spell that either has the Fire description, is a core divine spell from the cleric spell list or is in the Creation, Fire or Sun domains (its Creation domain has flare as the 1st level spell instead of create water). An elemaster may use any spell on the cleric spell list from a non-core source once per day (at the DM's discretion); these spells are rarer in the cosmos. The saving throw DC for these spells is Y + spell level (10 + spell level + elemaster's Charisma bonus). Fire elemasters tend to favor spells such as elemental swarm (fire), firestorm and meteor swarm.

Master of Earth Magic (Sp): Elemasters can cast spells as spell-like abilities with a caster level of X. An earth elemaster can not cast spells that have the Air descriptor spell or are opposed in alignment. At will, an earth elemaster may use any spell that either has the Earth description, is a core divine spell from the cleric spell list or is in the Creation, Earth or Strength domains (its Creation domain has magic stone as the 1st level spell instead of create water). An elemaster may use any spell on the cleric spell list from a non-core source once per day (at the DM's discretion); these spells are rarer in the cosmos. The saving throw DC for these spells is Y + spell level (10 + spell level + elemaster's Charisma bonus). Earth elemasters tend to favor spells such as elemental swarm (earth), transmute rock to mud and earthquake.

Master of Water Magic (Sp): Elemasters can cast spells as spell-like abilities with a caster level of X. A water elemaster can not cast spells that have the Fire descriptor spell or are opposed in alignment. At will, a water elemaster may use any spell that either has the Water description, is a core divine spell from the cleric spell list or is in the Creation, Water or Weather domains. An elemaster may use any spell on the cleric spell list from a non-core source once per day (at the DM's discretion); these spells are rarer in the cosmos. The saving throw DC for these spells is Y + spell level (10 + spell level + elemaster's Charisma bonus). Water elemasters tend to favor spells such as elemental swarm (water), control weather and fog cloud.

freyar

Looks great!

I have no idea what sort of caster level to assign to something with this kind of HD and a divine rank. :confused:

Remove ads