Converting Epic Level Creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I guess we should stick to CL 20 then. A bit odd that mortals can exceed deities so easily, isn't it? I don't think they designed the epic and divine rules to play nice. Or is there something in the epic rules that caps character CL?

Cleon

Legend
I guess we should stick to CL 20 then. A bit odd that mortals can exceed deities so easily, isn't it? I don't think they designed the epic and divine rules to play nice. Or is there something in the epic rules that caps character CL?

Well I'd prefer the caster level to be 42, since that is the Ultimate Answer.

Still, there's not much difference in the caster-level-based damage of spells in 3E when they go CL 20+ so I suppose 20th is OK, although I would rather it be a bit higher.

What CL do the Elemental Princes of Evil and the have? The Elemasters should have a higher CL than them. Their Enworld conversions have:

Cryonax: CL 15th.
Ogrèmoch: CL 20th.
Olhydra: CL 20th.
Yan-C-Bin: CL 20th.

So, if the Elemental Lords are CL 20, I'd rather the Elemasters be at least CL 24.

Mortis

First Post
Unless you fancy creating a new Domain for each of them? :p
There are Domains based on their Immortal Sphere (fan made - obviously)
Link
Air = Thought
Earth = Matter
Fire = Energy
Water = Time

The link is taken from an Italian document that I have (roughly) translated - some of the first volume and most of the second volume still need proofreading. Here's another link to the individual chapters Link 2

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
What CL do the Elemental Princes of Evil and the have? The Elemasters should have a higher CL than them. Their Enworld conversions have:

Cryonax: CL 15th.
Ogrèmoch: CL 20th.
Olhydra: CL 20th.
Yan-C-Bin: CL 20th.

So, if the Elemental Lords are CL 20, I'd rather the Elemasters be at least CL 24.

The Dragon Magazine archomentals (done by BOZ and yours truly) are all CL 20th. I'm fine with raising it to 24th.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'm ok with 20th, 24th, as you like. But I am curious: what's the hierarchy for all these various elemental rulers?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm ok with 20th, 24th, as you like. But I am curious: what's the hierarchy for all these various elemental rulers?

One has never been set, as each of the editions of the game has taken a different approach.

The way I see it, the archomentals are like archfiends, while the elemasters are demigods. The two may share the same realm and constituents, but don't necessarily work together or get in one another's way. The primal elementals, to me, are more akin to aboleths, or even obyriths--ancient progenitors still hanging around in a limited fashion, and perhaps even worshiped by some elementals in secret.

Cleon

Legend
One has never been set, as each of the editions of the game has taken a different approach.

The way I see it, the archomentals are like archfiends, while the elemasters are demigods. The two may share the same realm and constituents, but don't necessarily work together or get in one another's way. The primal elementals, to me, are more akin to aboleths, or even obyriths--ancient progenitors still hanging around in a limited fashion, and perhaps even worshiped by some elementals in secret.

Yes, the relationships between the elemental rulers is so confusing it's little wonder it turned into Elemental Chaos. :p

Remove ads