• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Converting Exceptional STR from 2nd ed to 3.5e

Wystan

Explorer
Take the + to hit and derive the score from that (ex +5 to hit would be a 20 Str)

12-13 +1
14-15 +2
16-17 +3
18-19 +4
20-21 +5
ect.

ElvishBard

First Post
I believe wizards of the coast has a 13 page PDF that you can download for free on their site which tells you how to change 2nd edition characters to 3.5, but I can't remember where it is.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
I'd probably suggest you just dump the fractional part of strength when converting. 18 strength is already giving you a +4 to hit and (if you use a 2-handed weapon) a +6 to damage.

IOW - you shouldn't be getting freebie points to strength just because you're a converted character.

FEADIN

Explorer
Yes, it was a strange conversion booklet, with a 2nd level human fighter of 2nd edition, with 18/00 stength, you become a 3rd edition figther ultra strong, impossible by the rules in fact. :D

dcollins

Explorer
And yet, if you convert a creature like an ogre or giant from AD&D1/2 under those conversion guidelines, they become under-powered compared to the core D&D3 rules.

Remove ads