Converting Greyhawk monsters

Cleon

Legend
We could borrow this precedent as well:

Size Change (Su): At will, spriggans can change their size in a fashion similar to the effect of an enlarge person spell. The size change from Small to Large gains +8 Strength, -4 Dexterity, +6 Constitution and -2 attack bonus and Armor class. A spriggan's short sword has the same attributes as a Large short sword when enlarged. An enlarged spriggan is unable to make a sneak attack or use its spell-like abilities.

It's a good idea changing the name from Enlarge, since that's used for a spell, but I'd like to keep my previously proposes stat changes (+4 Str and +1 NA) and just swap the name.

Shall we use Size Change or Increase Size?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
There's also the efreeti's SLA

Change Size (Sp): Twice per day, an efreeti can magically change a creature’s size. This works just like an enlarge person or reduce person spell (the efreeti chooses when using the ability), except that the ability can work on the efreeti. A DC 13 Fortitude save negates the effect. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is the equivalent of a 2nd-level spell.

However we go, shouldn't the advancement go as usual (-2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 NA, -1 size modifier, advanced damage)?

Funny that the other "detect hostile intent" critter was also canine.

Cleon

Legend
There's also the efreeti's SLA

Change Size (Sp): Twice per day, an efreeti can magically change a creature’s size. This works just like an enlarge person or reduce person spell (the efreeti chooses when using the ability), except that the ability can work on the efreeti. A DC 13 Fortitude save negates the effect. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is the equivalent of a 2nd-level spell.

However we go, shouldn't the advancement go as usual (-2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 NA, -1 size modifier, advanced damage)?

Funny that the other "detect hostile intent" critter was also canine.

I don't fancy increasing the Con (so we don't have to change its HPs and Fort save) but I'd be OK with the Dex and NA adjustment.

Remove ads