• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Monsters from D&D Official Video Games

Shade

Monster Junkie
OK, now that we've got that out of the way, let's work on the ability scores.

Here's the standard beholder's scores:
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 15, Cha 15

I'm thinking we should increase Dex, and lower Str, and keep the mental stats about the same. Thoughts?

Krishnath

First Post
Shade said:
OK, now that we've got that out of the way, let's work on the ability scores.

Here's the standard beholder's scores:
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 15, Cha 15

I'm thinking we should increase Dex, and lower Str, and keep the mental stats about the same. Thoughts?
I agree, reduce the Str to 7 and increase the Dex to 17.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated. Check it out and let me know if I'm on the right track with what we've discussed so far.

Another thought: since it lacks a mouth, shall we give it telepathy so that it may communicate? If so, what range?

Krishnath

First Post
Shade said:
Updated. Check it out and let me know if I'm on the right track with what we've discussed so far.

Another thought: since it lacks a mouth, shall we give it telepathy so that it may communicate? If so, what range?
Looks good so far.

Telepathy: This is usually at 100' range, so I think that would suffice for this creature.

Shade

Monster Junkie
OK, telepathy is added. I also worked up the eye rays. Take a look and tell me what you think. Pay particular attention to the anti-magic ray, as it is the only truly "new" ray.

Krishnath

First Post
Well the logical step would be to use Scorching Ray as one, and Polar Ray as the other. Unfortunatly Polar Ray is a little to powerful for this beholder-kin, so we should probably go with a ray version of Lightning Bolt instead.

Shade

Monster Junkie
We could give it a lesser polar ray...just call it cold ray and have it do the same damage as the scorching ray. Whaddya think?

Otherwise, the lightning ray would work fine.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads