• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting monsters from Dungeon Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
totally forgot about the belker... although that's more like "semisolid" rather than "semi-corporeal" :)

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
From the 2e DMG: Table 51: Poison Strength (p.73)

Class I
Method: Ingested
Onset: 2-12 min.
Strength: 30/15

The first number for strength is how many points of damage the poison usually inflicts; the second is how much on a successful saving throw.

Shade

Monster Junkie
GrayLinnorm said:
From the 2e DMG: Table 51: Poison Strength (p.73)

Class I
Method: Ingested
Onset: 2-12 min.
Strength: 30/15

The first number for strength is how many points of damage the poison usually inflicts; the second is how much on a successful saving throw.

Thanks!

So in 3.5 terms, that's probably Con damage, dealing more on initial than secondary, eh?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Is that a bit much for 4 HD? (I haven't compared to other creatures, so it might not be.)

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Is that a bit much for 4 HD? (I haven't compared to other creatures, so it might not be.)
Possibly :)

I've just checked three creatures from the srd

Large monstrous spider (4 HD) does 1d6 Str/1d6 Str
Large monstrous scorpion (5 HD) does 1d4 Con/1d4 Con
The viper always does 1d6 Con/1d6 Con only the DC varies with size.

I guess 1d6 Con/!d6 Con would be more in keeping with those.

Regards
Mortis

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
How does this look?

Corrupt Liquid (Su): Twice per day, a reviler can transform 1 cubic foot of water into a deadly ingested poison (Fort DC X, initial damage 1d6 Con, secondary damage 1d4 Con). Corrupted liquids revert to normal after 2d6 hours, and a neutralize poison, purify food and drink, or remove disease immediately removes the corruption. Multiple revilers often work together to corrupt larger bodies of water.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Let's nail down the ability scores.

Str 14, Dex 13-16, Con -, Int 12-14, Wis 12-16, Cha 13-18

How about...

Str 14, Dex 16, Con -, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads