• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting monsters from First Edition modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
GrayLinnorm said:
If they're cured by absorbing light and heat, shouldn't light and fire based attacks heal them?

Probably so. In that case, should we grant them immunity to fire and damaging effects with the light descriptor (such as searing light)?

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Probably so. In that case, should we grant them immunity to fire and damaging effects with the light descriptor (such as searing light)?
Absolutely it would strange for an effect to both damage and heal at the same time. :)

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
How's this?

Special Qualities: Breathless, fast healing 3, flight, immunity to fire and damaging light effects, low-light vision

Fast Healing (Ex): A moon roc heals only if it is within an area with greater than shadowy illumination or with a temperature greater than 50 degrees. Additionally, any effect with the light descriptor that deals damage (such as searing light), or any effect that deals fire damage, also triggers the moon roc's fast healing for that round.

Immunity to Damaging Light Effects (Ex): A moon roc is immune to any effect with the light descriptor that deals damage (such as searing light), and such an effect triggers its fast healing ability for that round.

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
How's this?

Special Qualities: Breathless, fast healing 3, flight, immunity to fire and damaging light effects, low-light vision

Fast Healing (Ex): A moon roc heals only if it is within an area with greater than shadowy illumination or with a temperature greater than 50 degrees. Additionally, any effect with the light descriptor that deals damage (such as searing light), or any effect that deals fire damage, also triggers the moon roc's fast healing for that round.

Immunity to Damaging Light Effects (Ex): A moon roc is immune to any effect with the light descriptor that deals damage (such as searing light), and such an effect triggers its fast healing ability for that round.
I like, lets so what the others think.

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
We've exhausted the requests for this thread. We've also exhausted my resources for this thread. :heh:

If anyone has any of the following and would like to post the stats, please do and we'll continue the conversions. Otherwise, this thread is essentially on hold for awhile.

C5 - Bane of Llywelyn
Viper Vines

DQ1 - The Shattered Statue
Awtawmatawyn

I2 - Tomb of the Lizard King
Vampiric Lizard Man

I4 - Oasis of the White Palm
Aeraldoth (vizier to Caliph of the Djinn)
Symbayan
Thune Dervish

I5 – Lost Tomb of Martek
Cryptknights
Spectral Minions

I8 – Ravager of Time
Golem, Slime
Life-Bane Duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads