• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Cleon

Legend
I've been thinking, since this creature is formed from unburied bones maybe it should have Rejuvenation like a ghost but a bit less potent, so if you "kill" a Cackling Bones it might reform from its remains on the anniversary of its (original) death?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I've been thinking, since this creature is formed from unburied bones maybe it should have Rejuvenation like a ghost but a bit less potent, so if you "kill" a Cackling Bones it might reform from its remains on the anniversary of its (original) death?

I'm not opposed to the idea, but it does seem to be getting rather lenghty for a low-CR critter.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I don't know that I'd find it so lengthy, but these don't strike me as particularly good rejuvenation candidates based on that fluff text. I mean, the bit about being unburied applies to all kinds of undead that don't have it.

Cleon

Legend
I don't know that I'd find it so lengthy, but these don't strike me as particularly good rejuvenation candidates based on that fluff text. I mean, the bit about being unburied applies to all kinds of undead that don't have it.

'Twas just an idea prompted by a similar suggestion for the Hama. It gives it something more to distinguish it from the "Tatami" version of the Flying Spirit.

Remove ads